Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MY GSN Schedule Proposal  (Read 10126 times)

Kent Broyhill

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« on: April 12, 2004, 01:35:15 AM »
I'm sure all of us know about the MESS GSN's current schedule turned out to be, so I thought I might pitch in a new, better schedule; not a "dream" schedule, but a more realistic one that possibly could be used.  Here is what I have so far:

MONDAY-FRIDAY:

5:30am-7:30am  Paid Programming
7:30am:  To Tell the Truth (69-78 run)
8:00am:  Family Feud (Dawson, same as current 9:30am run)
8:30am:  Let's Make a Deal (Monday-Thursday)
              Cram (Friday)
9:00am:  The Price is Right (Barker; 1972-75 Daytime eps.)
9:30am:  Wheel of Fortune (Woolery/Stafford; IIRC, the 1978-81 eps. are still intact, since circa April 1978, NBC stopped recycling videotape)
10:00am:  Wheel of Fortune (Sajak/White; current Syndi. run)
10:30am:  Jeopardy! (Trebek)
11:00am:  $20,000 Pyramid
11:30am:  Card Sharks (Perry)
12:00pm:  Tic Tac Dough (Martindale; 1978-85 Syndi. run)
12:30pm:  Match Game '7x (same as current 1:30pm run)
1:00pm:  The Price is Right (Barker; hour-long eps. from 1975-present)
2:00pm:  Hollywood Squares (Marshall)
2:30pm:  Friend or Foe
3:00pm:  Whammy!
3:30pm:  Russian Roulette
4:00pm:  Weakest Link (Monday-Thursday)
              Kenny vs. Spenny (Friday)
4:30pm:  Spy-TV (Friday)
5:00pm:  Family Feud (Dawson)
5:30pm:  Family Feud (Combs)
6:00pm:  $100,000 Pyramid
6:30pm:  Match Game '7x
7:00pm:  Newlywed Game
7:30pm:  Love Connection
8:00pm/3:00am:  Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
9:00pm/12:00am:  Match Game PM
9:30pm/12:30am:  Lingo
10:00pm/1:00am: World Series of Blackjack (Monday)
Celebrity Mole Hawaii (Tuesday)
Fake-a-Date (Wednesday)
Kenny vs. Spenny (Thursday)
Spy-TV (Friday)
10:30pm/1:30am: Friend or Foe (Wednesday)
Cram (Thursday)
Russian Roulette (Friday)
11:00pm/2:00am: Kenny vs. Spenny (Monday)
World Series of Blackjack (Tuesday)
Spy-TV (Wednesday)
Greed (Thursday & Friday)
11:30pm/2:30am: Fake-a-Date (Monday)
National Lampoon's Funny Money (Wednesday)

4:00am:  You Bet Your Life (Marx)
4:30am:  Password (B&W; Ludden)
5:00am:  What's My Line

SATURDAY-SUNDAY:

5:30am-7:30am:  Paid Programming
7:30am:  Joker's Wild (1972-75 CBS run)
8:00am:  Blockbusters (Bill Cullen)
8:30am:  Cram
9:00am:  Card Sharks (Eubanks)
9:30am:  Hollywood Squares (Bergeron)
10:00am:  Wheel of Fortune (same as weekday run)
10:30am:  Jeopardy! (ditto)
11:00am:  Press Your Luck
11:30am:  Win, Lose, or Draw (Vicki Lawrence; NBC Daytime)
12:00pm:  Tic Tac Dough
12:30pm:  Match Game '7x
1:00pm:  The Price is Right
2:00pm:  World Series of Blackjack (Saturday)
              Celebrity Mole Hawaii (Sunday)
3:00pm:  New Treasure Hunt (70s run)
3:30pm:  Gong Show (Barris)
4:00pm:  Whew!
4:30pm:  Tattletales (70's run)
5:00pm:  Family Feud (Dawson)
5:30pm:  Family Feud (Combs)
6:00pm:  $100,000 Pyramid
6:30pm:  Match Game '7x
7:00pm:  Newlywed Game
7:30pm:  Love Connection
8:00pm/3:00am:  Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
9:00pm/12:00am:  Match Game (Syndicated 1979-82 run)
9:30pm/12:30am:  Lingo
10:00pm/1:00am:  The Price is Right (Dennis James) NON-FUR eps. only! (Saturday)
                Break the Bank '76 (Tom Kennedy) (Sunday)
10:30pm/1:30am:  Celebrity Dating Game
11:00pm/2:00am:  Celebrity Family Feud (Saturday)
                            Celebrity Mole Hawaii (Sunday)

4:00am:  Beat the Clock
4:30am:  The Price is Right (Cullen)
5:00am:  I've Got a Secret

If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post! :-)

whampyl03

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:22:51 AM »
Well, I like that it's not completely overflowing with Dawson Family Feud, Match Game 7X, and Love Connection, but it's still VERY highly unlikely that this type of schedule would see the light of day.

First off, GSN does not have the rights to:

The Price is Right (All versions)
You Bet Your Life
Whew!
The Hollywood Squares (Marshall) (Contract ran out)
ALL versions of Win, Lose, or Draw (Contract ran out)

Secondly, it is believed that Merv destroyed ALL episodes of Woolery WoF out of spite. (I think it has somthing to do with the reason why "Woolery left Wheel.") Even if some episodes survived, Merv wouldn't let them see the light of day again.

Third, for some reason GSN just doesn't like B&E.  Probably due to not-so-hot ratings way back when. (Being a big B&E fan, this most certainly does tick me off.)

Forth, Treasure Hunt & Gong Show episodes are limited due to music clearance issues.  With the episodes that can be used, reruns after a while would be quite abundant. (Which is probably why it's in a weekend only slot.)

Fifth, GSN has probably added that extra hour of Paid Programming for extra revenue.  So, why would they cut 2 hours of it? Especially considering with your schedule, you're attempting to bring back a quite expensive TPIR package, a quite expensive Whew! package, and 3 other packages which will probably cost another chunk of capital.  There would be way too much money being tossed here.

I'm NOT saying that I don't like your schedule; I definitely do. The problem is that it's VERY highly unlikely (and unfortunate) that GSN would ever have a schedule remotely like this, mainly due to the new direction that they're taking.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 02:42:55 AM by whampyl03 »

Jimmy Owen

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 03:29:45 AM »
Wouldn't the 1pm eastern TPIR conflict with the 10a pacific CBS airing?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:47:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 12:29 AM\'] Wouldn't the 1pm eastern TPIR conflict with the 10a pacific CBS airing? [/quote]
 The fact that TPiR is even ON that schedule throws the whole "realism" thing right out the window.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 02:46:11 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 02:22 AM\'] Secondly, it is believed that Merv destroyed ALL episodes of Woolery WoF out of spite. (I think it has somthing to do with the reason why "Woolery left Wheel.") Even if some episodes survived, Merv wouldn't let them see the light of day again. [/quote]
Please don't rehash the "Merv destroyed the Woolery WoFs out of spite" thing unless and until a credible source says it's true.  One logo-obsessed poster -- who also declared that Pax was likely going to rerun Concentration -- does not a credible source make.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 02:49:42 PM by dzinkin »

BrandonFG

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 03:05:16 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 01:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 02:22 AM\'] Secondly, it is believed that Merv destroyed ALL episodes of Woolery WoF out of spite. (I think it has somthing to do with the reason why "Woolery left Wheel.") Even if some episodes survived, Merv wouldn't let them see the light of day again. [/quote]
Please don't rehash the "Merv destroyed the Woolery WoFs out of spite" thing unless and until a credible source says it's true.  One logo-obsessed poster -- who also declared that Pax was likely going to rerun Concentration -- does not a credible source make. [/quote]
 Oh, Zinkin...have you not learned?! He was just curious, that's all. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 06:53:01 PM »
Hadn't heard about the alleged deliberate destruction of WOF Woolery eps. I once wrote the old CBN network around the era of their showing Chain Reaction/Bullseye episodes, and they mentioned they were attempting to get old Wheel eps which I think included Chuck's stuff. I'm pretty sure I remember reading some comments years ago that Woolery may have loudly complained on more than one occasion about certain shopping prizes on stage that he felt conflicted with his religious views. How that sat with the powers that be would be anybody's guess..and mine is that it didn't endear him to some of the big shots. If there was any truth to that, it sure made it hard to reconcile those views with him going on to do Love Connection.
Could there be other reasons for not showing the old episodes, such as not wanting to shell out payments for the old non-Merv composed early theme?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 07:23:32 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 05:53 PM\'] Could there be other reasons for not showing the old episodes, such as not wanting to shell out payments for the old non-Merv composed early theme? [/quote]
 I would think that theme problem would be a moot point; as Alan Thicke did some work for GSN; and pieces of his appeared on both CDs.  I just don't think GSN is interested in airing 25-year old episodes of Wheel of Fortune.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 07:29:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 07:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 05:53 PM\'] Could there be other reasons for not showing the old episodes, such as not wanting to shell out payments for the old non-Merv composed early theme? [/quote]
I would think that theme problem would be a moot point; as Alan Thicke did some work for GSN; and pieces of his appeared on both CDs.  I just don't think GSN is interested in airing 25-year old episodes of Wheel of Fortune. [/quote]
 Especially when most of the audience GSN is trying to attract doesn't know or care that WoF was hosted by anyone other than Pat Sajak, and when GSN has a gazillion episodes of the syndie version.

dzinkin

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 07:33:16 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 03:05 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 01:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 02:22 AM\'] Secondly, it is believed that Merv destroyed ALL episodes of Woolery WoF out of spite. (I think it has somthing to do with the reason why "Woolery left Wheel.") Even if some episodes survived, Merv wouldn't let them see the light of day again. [/quote]
Please don't rehash the "Merv destroyed the Woolery WoFs out of spite" thing unless and until a credible source says it's true.  One logo-obsessed poster -- who also declared that Pax was likely going to rerun Concentration -- does not a credible source make. [/quote]
Oh, Zinkin...have you not learned?! He was just curious, that's all. ;-) [/quote]
 (throws decade-old Krispy Kremes at Brandon)

catkins522

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 07:48:59 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 01:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 02:22 AM\'] Secondly, it is believed that Merv destroyed ALL episodes of Woolery WoF out of spite. (I think it has somthing to do with the reason why "Woolery left Wheel.") Even if some episodes survived, Merv wouldn't let them see the light of day again. [/quote]
 Wait a minute...  Woolery left Wheel...  When did that happen?!?!?  ;-)

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

The Ol' Guy

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 07:53:10 PM »
Thanks, D&D - sometimes it's so hard for me to remember that GSN is actually trying to attract someone beyond us hard core fans....

sshuffield70

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 03:52:06 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 06:29 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 07:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 05:53 PM\'] Could there be other reasons for not showing the old episodes, such as not wanting to shell out payments for the old non-Merv composed early theme? [/quote]
I would think that theme problem would be a moot point; as Alan Thicke did some work for GSN; and pieces of his appeared on both CDs.  I just don't think GSN is interested in airing 25-year old episodes of Wheel of Fortune. [/quote]
Especially when most of the audience GSN is trying to attract doesn't know or care that WoF was hosted by anyone other than Pat Sajak, and when GSN has a gazillion episodes of the syndie version. [/quote]
 Don't forget some numbnut said on "Greed" (of all shows.........) that Woolery did not host "Wheel" but did host "Singled Out".  Stupid idiot.................

familyfeudfan

MY GSN Schedule Proposal
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 11:07:15 PM »
Great schedule!