Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Price Salutes America's Teachers from CBS.com  (Read 3291 times)

cmjb13

Price Salutes America's Teachers from CBS.com
« on: April 13, 2004, 12:45:21 PM »
The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular, hosted by Emmy Award-winner Bob Barker, returns to prime time with a new episode saluting teachers, to be broadcast Saturday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS. This episode will feature an audience comprised mostly of teachers from which all contestants will be selected.

Contestants will have the opportunity to win prizes, including sports and luxury cars, boats and exotic vacations and the chance to spin the wheel for $1 million. The prizes and showcases featured will have an "education" theme, as the show honors America's teachers and promotes education.

"Teachers and education are at the core of what makes America great," says Barker. "Yet, there is a serious shortage of teachers throughout the country. We thought it important to honor those who are already filling this important need and to encourage more young people to choose teaching as a career choice."
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

DrBear

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 04:19:48 PM »
And, of course, all the teachers have been cutting class watching TPIR in the break room.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »
Your showcase is dedicated to everyone's favorite teacher Mary Kay Letourneau...
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

HomieG1386

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 06:55:26 PM »
Oh, man... I really hope I have a television in my hotel room (but I doubt it). I'll be in Tulsa then, hopefully having some free time. (It's the Oklahoma SkillsUSA state competition, and I'm in my school's quiz bowl team.) Otherwise I'll have to get my mom to tape it for me.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 07:04:35 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 03:51 PM\'] Your showcase is dedicated to everyone's favorite teacher Mary Kay Letourneau... [/quote]
 Which is right up there with my favorite hypothetical WOF moment:

"You have $2,150 to spend in...the sex shop! What'll it be, Reverend?" :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SplitSecond

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 07:18:33 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 03:51 PM\'] Your showcase is dedicated to everyone's favorite teacher Mary Kay Letourneau... [/quote]
 Particularly apropos since her erstwhile lover *is* Samoan.

Now, what would that showcase consist of?

catkins522

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 08:05:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 06:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 03:51 PM\'] Your showcase is dedicated to everyone's favorite teacher Mary Kay Letourneau... [/quote]

"You have $2,150 to spend in...the sex shop! What'll it be, Reverend?" :) [/quote]
 OK, for $1250, I will have candle boy knee pads...

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

JayC

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 10:22:27 PM »
I wonder why TPiR actually thought of originally airing this on the 27th.  Have they not heard of American Idol?

SplitSecond

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 11:50:11 PM »
I wonder why TPiR actually thought of originally airing this on the 27th. Have they not heard of American Idol?

I wholeheartedly agree.  I think the production company behind American Idol should have been courteous enough to inform the production company behind The Price is Right of their existence.

Terry K

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 06:07:29 AM »
And I have tickets for it :D

sshuffield70

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 10:58:58 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 10:50 PM\']
I wonder why TPiR actually thought of originally airing this on the 27th. Have they not heard of American Idol?

I wholeheartedly agree.  I think the production company behind American Idol should have been courteous enough to inform the production company behind The Price is Right of their existence. [/quote]
 Even Mark Burnett has a deal to make sure that new eps of "Survivor" don't go up against new eps of "The Apprentice" (only once did they go head to head, but it was recaps for both).  Surely, you don't think Fremangle would be THAT dumb.........

uncamark

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 03:01:32 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 07:05 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 06:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 03:51 PM\'] Your showcase is dedicated to everyone's favorite teacher Mary Kay Letourneau... [/quote]

"You have $2,150 to spend in...the sex shop! What'll it be, Reverend?" :) [/quote]
OK, for $1250, I will have candle boy knee pads...[/quote]
...I'll take the vibrator for $150 and I'll put the rest on account.

CHUCK:  Well, ya know ya have to solve another puzzle to claim that money and if ya hit Bankrupt, it's gone--Charlie O, tell us about the prizes!

CHARLIE O:  The vibrator, a tool of a thousand and one uses--and you know what that one use is...

(Thanks to legendary DJ Gene Nobles of WLAC Nashville for providing a famous line to be adopted for Charlie O.)

DrBear

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 04:26:38 PM »
"...and I guess I'll take the ceramic Dalmatian ... er, maybe just his leash."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2004, 05:25:44 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 03:26 PM\'] "...and I guess I'll take the ceramic Dalmatian ... er, maybe just his leash." [/quote]
 You still have $69 left, would you like to put that on the Sextacy gift certificate?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

ChuckNet

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 05:30:41 PM »
Now, what would that showcase consist of?

Front-row seats to an R. Kelly concert, numerous sex toys, a bedroom group, and a Hummer. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")