Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel spins its way to San Fransisco  (Read 3969 times)

Craig Karlberg

Wheel spins its way to San Fransisco
« on: April 14, 2004, 06:04:40 AM »
As the topic states, Wheel of Fortune will be taping 3 sets of 5 shows each from San Fransisco this weekend.  Untill I get official confirmation, here's how I see the airdate schedule:

May 3-7:  My Mom & Me Week - Each mother playing that week will be accompanied by her son or daughter in celebration of Mother's Day(May 9).

May 10-14:  San Fransisco Week - A week dedicated to the people & the magic of the city & surrounding areas.

May 17-21:  College Week - Students from the colleges & universities from the San Fransisco area compete to win lots of cash & prizes.

There will be a customized set for those shows featuring such landmarks as The Golden Gate Bridge, The Painted Ladies & trolley cars.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 06:06:50 AM by Craig Karlberg »

JayC

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 11:36:16 AM »
Sounds like a great few weeks!

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 11:40:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 05:04 AM\'] As the topic states, Wheel of Fortune will be taping 3 sets of 5 shows each from San Fransisco this weekend.  Untill I get official confirmation, here's how I see the airdate schedule:

[/quote]
 So Gswitch, what are your predictions for gender distribution of winners and losers :)

GSWitch

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 07:36:17 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 09:40 AM\'] [/QUOTE]
So Gswitch, what are your predictions for gender distribution of winners and losers :) [/QUOTE]
You want to hear from The Great Larrygini?  Here it comes...

LADIES:  11
ONE OF EACH: 1
GENTLEMEN:  3

Let's hope that "My Mom & Me" week doesn't become another Mother-Daughter Week ala Supermarket Sweep!

In fact, there has NEVER been a game show that saluted Father's Day?  Why is that?

Having a Father's Day special is like Fox Sports having a baseball game involving either the Montreal Expos or the Toronto Blue Jays!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 07:39:15 PM by GSWitch »

GSWitch

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 07:40:51 PM »
Also, the last time Wheel was in San Francisco, Pat lost his voice!  Vanna got to host the Bonus Round while Pat turned the letters (no touch mode then).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 07:57:58 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 04:36 PM\'] You want to hear from The Great Larrygini?
 [/quote]
 No.
Having a Father's Day special is like Fox Sports having a baseball game involving either the Montreal Expos or the Toronto Blue Jays!
What in the BLUE HELL does this mean?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GSWitch

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 10:02:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 05:57 PM\']
What in the BLUE HELL does this mean? [/quote]
Elementary my dear Clemon.  It will never happen!  In the past 8 years, Fox has NEVER featured the Canada teams or even televise O Canada @ the Baseball All-Star Game.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 10:03:31 PM by GSWitch »

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 11:21:18 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 07:02 PM\'] Elementary my dear Clemon.  It will never happen!  In the past 8 years, Fox has NEVER featured the Canada teams or even televise O Canada @ the Baseball All-Star Game. [/quote]
Oh my GAWD.

If there wasn't conclusive proof that you were utterly cracked in the head before, we have THIS gem.

Do you know WHY Fox doesn't run the Expos or Blue Jays nationally? There's no conspiracy theory, no "snubbing" of Canada, they SIMPLY DON'T OWN THE FREAKIN' RIGHTS.

(For that matter, neither do they own the local rights, along with those of the Red Sox and Padres.)

Both teams sell their broadcast rights to Canadian television networks, The Score and CBC, respectively. So they get to nationally broadcast games. That's all.

So now we have gender issues AND network paranoia. Dude, you seriously need to seek professional help.

(By the way, Fox has aired "O Canada" plenty of times, both regionally and nationally, when they had the network rights to hockey.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 11:22:38 AM by clemon79 »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 05:33:30 AM »
As to why there's never a Father's Day week on Wheel,  It's quite simple, they're usually in summer rerun mode at that point(Summer reruns usually start around the first or second week of June).

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 11:21:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 02:33 AM\'] As to why there's never a Father's Day week on Wheel,  It's quite simple, they're usually in summer rerun mode at that point(Summer reruns usually start around the first or second week of June). [/quote]
 Excellent point, Craig.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 03:17:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 05:33 AM\'] As to why there's never a Father's Day week on Wheel,  It's quite simple, they're usually in summer rerun mode at that point(Summer reruns usually start around the first or second week of June). [/quote]
 You know, I can just see fathers everywhere writing nasty letters berating the fact that Mothers' Day falls within May sweeps while Fathers' Day comes in the summer offseason.  The result: you'll infinitely more likely to see a sitcom, drama, or game show making mention of Mothers' Day but never Fathers' Day!

Of course, I'm an uncle and not a father, so I have no right to complain about this.  Instead, I'll just complain that there's no such thing as Uncle's Day. :-)

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 05:48:09 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 02:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 05:33 AM\'] As to why there's never a Father's Day week on Wheel,  It's quite simple, they're usually in summer rerun mode at that point(Summer reruns usually start around the first or second week of June). [/quote]
You know, I can just see fathers everywhere writing nasty letters berating the fact that Mothers' Day falls within May sweeps while Fathers' Day comes in the summer offseason.  The result: you'll infinitely more likely to see a sitcom, drama, or game show making mention of Mothers' Day but never Fathers' Day!

Of course, I'm an uncle and not a father, so I have no right to complain about this.  Instead, I'll just complain that there's no such thing as Uncle's Day. :-) [/quote]
I can relate to that.  I have 2 nieces, 1 true nephew & 1 half-nephew.  Also, I have a great niece & great nephew.

tmq800

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2004, 12:00:37 PM »
Did anyone on this board, who lives near SF, attend yesterday's taping?

Is anyone going to the tapings either today or tomorrow?

tmq800

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2004, 06:36:38 PM »
Guess how the media is reporting on Wheel's visit to SF?

VERY LITTLE.

First, KGO shows a 3-minute piece of Wheel's taping on Friday near the end of Friday's newscast.  

Then, today KGO shows a 30-second piece of yesterday's Wheel taping.

Then, I check the SF Chronicle (both yesterday's and today's editions) and they didn't have the tenacity to cover Wheel in SF.

I think they may cover it on Monday, so I will use the Google search engine.

trainman

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2004, 08:51:29 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 02:36 PM\'] Then, I check the SF Chronicle (both yesterday's and today's editions) and they didn't have the tenacity to cover Wheel in SF.
 [/quote]
 I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Were you really expecting some station other than KGO to do a "news" report that would be nothing more than a promotion for a show airing on a competitor?  I'm sure they'd report on the taping if a UFO crashed through the roof of the Moscone Center and aliens kidnapped Pat Sajak, but if the most exciting thing that happens is a contestant winning the bonus round, they're probbaly not going to say much.
trainman is a man of trains