Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another MG/HS pilot picture?  (Read 3710 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Another MG/HS pilot picture?
« on: April 14, 2004, 06:01:59 PM »
http://www.gameshowultraplex.com/images/03matchgame.jpg

That is one weird looking mike that Gene has...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 06:02:35 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 06:52:47 PM »
I don't know.....

But the mic looks to be the same one Monty used on LMAD '84, except with the windscreen on it.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

sshuffield70

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 07:06:07 PM »
Thanks, George.

That was originally posted at the MSN group a good while back.  I do have more pictures.  I apologize that it's not completely ready.  I'm still adding more stuff to it.  That, and I can't seem to work my software correctly.

BTW, as of this post, the links below still go to one of the groups instead of the Ultraplex itself.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 07:06:59 PM by sshuffield70 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 07:17:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 05:52 PM\'] I don't know.....

But the mic looks to be the same one Monty used on LMAD '84, except with the windscreen on it. [/quote]
 Don't think so...Monty's was fatter, and right between the ball and the base was a thinner silver cylinder. Unless that thinner cylinder is being concealed by the windscreen. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 01:31:31 AM »
I still wonder if the person who says he has a three-contestant MG segment picture has gotten the pic in a computerized form yet.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

sshuffield70

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 10:43:13 AM »
If he does, it's not in possession anywhere.

Pyramid80

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 11:03:06 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 11:31 PM\'] I still wonder if the person who says he has a three-contestant MG segment picture has gotten the pic in a computerized form yet. [/quote]
 I will try and take a digital picture of it tonight and see if it shows up o.k.  If it doesn't then I can scan it at work.

Pyramid80

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 04:48:39 PM »
Here is the photo as promised with the 3 podiums during the Match Game segment.  I am sorry for the bad quality photo, but not having a scanner this is the best that I could do.  Also, this is a free web hosting account so if you can't view it now, try again tomorrow.

Josh

MG/HS Hour
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 04:49:10 PM by Pyramid80 »

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 06:44:37 PM »
Wow. That is just bizarre.

Although, I do have an idea of how they might have conducted that---two rounds with three questions, top two winners play HS. They'd have played the same amount of material as they did under the three round/two question format.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 06:52:23 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 04:17 PM\'] Monty's was fatter, and right between the ball and the base was a thinner silver cylinder. [/quote]
 Ya sure you're not thinking of C3PO? ;-)

zachhoran

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 07:15:33 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 05:44 PM\'] Wow. That is just bizarre.

Although, I do have an idea of how they might have conducted that---two rounds with three questions, top two winners play HS. They'd have played the same amount of material as they did under the three round/two question format. [/quote]
 Or they could have the contestant who matched the most stars play Squares with the returning champion, and use the format you describe for the first show or when someone retired undefeated on the previous show.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 08:53:23 PM »
Or they could have the contestant who matched the most stars play Squares with the returning champion, and use the format you describe for the first show or when someone retired undefeated on the previous show.

Bad idea. Audiences would probably be thrown by formats changing completely under unique circumstances. That's why shows like "Face the Music" and "Now You See It" had de facto champions for those situations.

ChuckNet

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 10:50:21 PM »
Bad idea. Audiences would probably be thrown by formats changing completely under unique circumstances. That's why shows like "Face the Music" and "Now You See It" had de facto champions for those situations.

Ditto Scrabble, during the first 2 yrs...I used to wonder why they didn't start w/an extra player on eps w/no returning champ, but then Adam's logic kinda dawned on me. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

aaron sica

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 10:52:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 04:48 PM\'] Here is the photo as promised with the 3 podiums during the Match Game segment.  I am sorry for the bad quality photo, but not having a scanner this is the best that I could do.  Also, this is a free web hosting account so if you can't view it now, try again tomorrow.

Josh

MG/HS Hour [/quote]
 For anyone who has the book "Total Television", I'm guessing that probably explains why in the description of MG/HS hour, it states that three contestants played the MG segment....

sshuffield70

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2004, 12:47:08 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 09:50 PM\']

Ditto Scrabble, during the first 2 yrs...I used to wonder why they didn't start w/an extra player on eps w/no returning champ, but then Adam's logic kinda dawned on me. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Right, but if the de facto champion lost, they immediately played the next game, because they had the right to do so.