Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestant search  (Read 2773 times)

Clay Zambo

Contestant search
« on: April 20, 2004, 08:08:35 AM »
Hmmm?

(I mean nothing salacious, I just wonder what the game is.  And who's involved.)
czambo@mac.com

sshuffield70

Contestant search
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 10:09:23 AM »
Looks like the sickest, most perverted version of NG imaginable.

Little Big Brother

Contestant search
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 10:16:31 AM »
Looks like the sickest, most perverted version of NG imaginable.

As opposed to the original NG which was the manifestation of culture and sophistication?  Give me a break.

zachhoran

Contestant search
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 10:25:01 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 09:09 AM\'] Looks like the sickest, most perverted version of NG imaginable. [/quote]
 Couldn't be any worse than Burt Luddin's Crap Buffet, or could it?.....

aaron sica

Contestant search
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 10:26:37 AM »
Once again, I'm voluntarily locking myself in the TTD90 room. This thread could get very nasty, very quick.

Clay Zambo

Contestant search
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 11:25:56 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 09:26 AM\'] Once again, I'm voluntarily locking myself in the TTD90 room. This thread could get very nasty, very quick. [/quote]
 Good plan.  Any second now I'm going to be sorry I asked.
czambo@mac.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Contestant search
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 01:23:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM\'] Hmmm?

(I mean nothing salacious, I just wonder what the game is.  And who's involved.) [/quote]
 While I'm not really in favor of gay marriage [though I do say those who are gay have that right], there is clearly a market in today's television world for programming such as this.  Offensive to many?  Yes.  But people will watch anything....just look at "Fear Factor".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tommycharles

Contestant search
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 01:35:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 12:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM\'] Hmmm?

(I mean nothing salacious, I just wonder what the game is.  And who's involved.) [/quote]
While I'm not really in favor of gay marriage [though I do say those who are gay have that right], there is clearly a market in today's television world for programming such as this.  Offensive to many?  Yes.  But people will watch anything....just look at "Fear Factor". [/quote]
 Am I the only person on this board that likes Fear Factor? Oh well. It's a great show, I think, with the exception of the middle stunt.

They could not have found a more perfect host than Rogan - I cannot think of a single other game show that he could do, but this one he does perfectly.

DrBear

Contestant search
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 03:10:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 11:35 AM\'] (points of emphasis added)(1) Am I the only person on this board that likes Fear Factor? Oh well. (2) It's a great show, I think, with the exception of the middle stunt.

(3)They could not have found a more perfect host than Rogan - I cannot think of a single other game show that he could do, but this one he does perfectly. [/quote]
 1. Apparently.

2. That's a little bit like saying William Hung is a great singer, except for his lack of talent.

3. Boy, that's damning with faint praise. "Yes, Mr. Rogan, we've received your aptitude test, and your best chance for success is to get a job describing people eating horse rectums."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

tommycharles

Contestant search
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 03:22:06 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 02:10 PM\'] 1. Apparently.

[/quote]
 Ok fine, I can live with that.

2. That's a little bit like saying William Hung is a great singer, except for his lack of talent.

Lol that's not *quite* what I meant - more like saying that Sgt. Peppers is a great album except for Within You Without You: it's still good overall, there's just a part I skip.

3. Boy, that's damning with faint praise. "Yes, Mr. Rogan, we've received your aptitude test, and your best chance for success is to get a job describing people eating horse rectums."

Well, only in a game show sense - I'm sure he could have plenty of other jobs (he's not a bad standup), but that's about the only gs I could see him doing.

Matt Ottinger

Contestant search
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2004, 03:41:19 PM »
Actually, I understand what Tommy meant, and even agree with him.  The "horse rectum" round is the one that gets all the attention whenever anyone talks about the show, but it is only one round out of three.  The stunt games are usually very engaging.  As we've called it before, "Beat the Clock on Steroids".  Many's the time I've watched the first and third rounds, and found something better to do in the middle.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tommycharles

Contestant search
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004, 04:29:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 02:41 PM\'] Actually, I understand what Tommy meant, and even agree with him. [/quote]
 My life is now complete.

The stunt games are usually very engaging.  As we've called it before, "Beat the Clock on Steroids".  Many's the time I've watched the first and third rounds, and found something better to do in the middle.

Oddly enough, my family usually finds itself eating dinner as something to do in the 2nd stunt slot.

TimK2003

Contestant search
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 07:08:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 12:35 PM\']
Am I the only person on this board that likes Fear Factor? Oh well. It's a great show, I think, with the exception of the middle stunt.

They could not have found a more perfect host than Rogan - I cannot think of a single other game show that he could do, but this one he does perfectly. [/quote]
 Only if they ever had forced Rogan to be a contestant doing the sickest stunts yet, then MAYBE I would watch an episode.   Otherwise, Raymond Rules!

adamjk

Contestant search
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 07:23:05 PM »
This might be for the new MTV game show, name escapes me right now though

BrandonFG

Contestant search
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2004, 12:25:37 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 06:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 12:35 PM\']

They could not have found a more perfect host than Rogan - I cannot think of a single other game show that he could do, but this one he does perfectly. [/quote]
Only if they ever had forced Rogan to be a contestant doing the sickest stunts yet, then MAYBE I would watch an episode.   Otherwise, Raymond Rules! [/quote]
 Wait...Fear Factor doesn't air against Raymond...however, I *do* like Still Standing*, which airs during the second half of FF.

*Except when one of my co-workers has me sit thru FF with her...the TV is hers at that point. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!