Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestant search  (Read 2774 times)

Esoteric Eric

Contestant search
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2004, 01:17:22 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 12:22 PM\']
3. Boy, that's damning with faint praise. "Yes, Mr. Rogan, we've received your aptitude test, and your best chance for success is to get a job describing people eating horse rectums."

Well, only in a game show sense - I'm sure he could have plenty of other jobs (he's not a bad standup), but that's about the only gs I could see him doing.[/quote]
ObRogan:  He competes against Sarah Silverman and his former NewsRadio co-star Dave Foley on one of two celebrity episodes of Win Ben Stein's Money currently available on Comcast On Demand (under "Cable Favorites" - "Comedy Central" - "Spotlight"; Rogan's is "Ep 8" (Cousin Sal era); "Ep 7" (Nancy Pimental era) has three standup comics (Todd Glass, Maria Bamford, and the Amazing Jonathan) challenging Ben.)

Esoteric Eric, Procrastinator Extraodrinaire; in the past few weeks, On Demand's "Comedy Central" menu (under the "Shows" sub-menu) has offered three episodes of Beat The Geeks (there's still one available) and two episodes of Let's Bowl!
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

GS Warehouse

Contestant search
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2004, 10:58:25 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 12:25 AM\'] [quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 06:08 PM\'] Only if they ever had forced Rogan to be a contestant doing the sickest stunts yet, then MAYBE I would watch an episode.   Otherwise, Raymond Rules! [/quote]
Wait...Fear Factor doesn't air against Raymond... [/quote]
 That's the second case of this I've seen this week.  There is a thread at alt.tv.survivor wondering if CBS should air the penultimate Survivor: All Stars against the two-hour series finale of Friends on May 6, since NBC is estimating 50-60 million viewers* for said event.  What nobody realized is, the first hour is a Friends retrospective, with the one-hour final episode set to start at 9:00 ET/PT, making it CSI's problem.  Still, if ABC, Fox, and The WB were wise, they'd shut down their signals for the night (BTW, TV Land plans to go dark from 9:00-10:00).

ObGS: Since Match Game PM and Lingo get minimal viewership anyway, GSN is likely run these as scheduled.

* If you ask me, that's about 50-60 million viewers too many.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Contestant search
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2004, 10:33:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 09:58 AM\'] (BTW, TV Land plans to go dark from 9:00-10:00).

ObGS: Since Match Game PM and Lingo get minimal viewership anyway, GSN is likely run these as scheduled.

* If you ask me, that's about 50-60 million viewers too many. [/quote]
 Are you serious?  Friends never has, and never will be "appointment television" with me.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Timsterino

Contestant search
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 02:00:18 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 01:35 PM\'] Am I the only person on this board that likes Fear Factor? [/quote]
No, I enjoy watching Fear Factor as well. The organization of the stunts are impressive and the unbelieveability of what people will do for $50,000 impresses me as well. lol ;-)

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 02:01:02 AM by Timsterino »

urbanpreppie05

Contestant search
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 07:33:54 AM »
Are you serious? Friends never has, and never will be "appointment television" with me.

I actually like Friends. It's a good sitcom...and at the current rate of reality/makeover shows vs. sitcoms releases, it possibly may be the last "great" (and I use this term loosely)sitcom.
Is it appointment television? No. I have to work and take care of stuff during that time. That's why VCR's were made, folks.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 07:34:14 AM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

Clay Zambo

Contestant search
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2004, 08:13:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 20 2004, 02:41 PM\'] Many's the time I've watched the first and third rounds, and found something better to do in the middle. [/quote]
 Which narrows it down to "almost any human activity."
czambo@mac.com

ChuckNet

Contestant search
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004, 10:29:59 PM »
Am I the only person on this board that likes Fear Factor? Oh well. It's a great show, I think, with the exception of the middle stunt.

Personally, I prefer the UK version...instead of the "every (wo)man for him/herself", the 6 contestants are divided into 3-member gender respective teams, w/money earned for completing a stunt...there's no elimination for failing to do so, they just don't add anything to the team's total. And host Ed Sanders, IMO, seems a bit nicer than Joe Rogan.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")