Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pepsi's Play For A Billion to return  (Read 7933 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pepsi's Play For A Billion to return
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 10:06:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 06:16 PM\'] I would take execption to you "winning" this $15, as more than likely, it wasn't a valid win.  The grocery store chain I work for has a strict policy against this very thing, and if an employee is caught doing this, they can be punished, up to being terminated. [/quote]
 Good lord, man, calm yourself.

I'd take exception to him winning $50K. I'm not gonna call in the dogs over $15.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2004, 05:11:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 08:31 PM\'] If every company eventually merges with each other, there is a possibility that no one will be eligible to win any contest, as everybody will work for the same company. [/quote]
How is that statement justified?  I don't see one thing there that makes me think that's gonna happen anytime soon.  Maybe 100 years down the road maybe, but DEFINITELY not now.

clemon79

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2004, 11:30:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 02:11 AM\'] How is that statement justified?  I don't see one thing there that makes me think that's gonna happen anytime soon.  Maybe 100 years down the road maybe, but DEFINITELY not now. [/quote]
 So, are you really this clueless, or is it just an act?

HYHYBT

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2004, 07:08:12 PM »
As for the Monopoly stamps, well, I'm sure they check big winners to make sure they're eligible, and everything else is food. But the game stamps are attached to food packaging, and when fry cartons disappear by the case, besides the fact that they're not free, there's nothing left to serve food in.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Don Howard

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2004, 12:40:44 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 08:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 06:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 01:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 11:10 AM\'] I love "Play for a Billion" because it combines two of my loves - game shows and sweepstakes. [/quote]
I loved "Play For A Billion" because of that monkey. [/quote]
I loved "Play for a Billion" because I work at a store, and they let me go to the backroom and collect discarded caps from returned bottles during my break.  I found two $15 instant winners last summer. [/quote]
I have heard people being fired from "Mickey D's" for stealing Monopoly game stamps. Be careful. [/quote]
 That contest was rigged, anyhow. The culprit was the putz in charge of security for the sweepstakes.

Rastaub

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2004, 01:57:39 PM »
Back when the Monopoly stamps first appeared, I was working for the local grocery store.  The 1st few times they came out, there was a gameboard with 2 free stamps in every Sunday Paper.

Now, our store was a rather small one, however for some odd reason, we stocked alot of major papers, in addition to our locals.  Living where i live, the demand for 40 copies of the New York Times wasnt that great. So at the end of the day we threw out all the papers, and what was inside, why 40 free Monopoly game boards. They would have otherwise been chucked in the trash, so me and a few co-workers ate lunch at Mickey D's for a week or two courtesy of the stamps.

I can recall a Co-worker at the same grocery store, getting in hot water for ripping pepsi points off 24-packs back in the early-mid 90's.

HYHYBT

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004, 02:22:10 AM »
That contest was rigged, anyhow. The culprit was the putz in charge of security for the sweepstakes.

WAS. I'm fairly sure this year's Monopoly was honest.

On game shows: the last contest with the stolen winning cards was "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." I still have the fence banner rolled up in the garage.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Timsterino

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2004, 01:52:15 AM »
The rules for this year are now out:
http://billionsweeps.yahoo.com/pepsico/sta...on04_rules.html

Several notable changes:

1. It will air on ABC this year and not the WB.
2. There will be 200 contestants not 1000 like last year.
3. Of the 200, 150 will be chosen from codes entered online and 50 will be selected via regional sweepstakes.
4. You can have up to 500 entries this year, last year was 300.
5. The show will originate from Los Angeles and not Orlando.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 01:55:24 AM by Timsterino »

thgames65

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 02:15:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 12:52 AM\']The rules for this year are now out:
http://billionsweeps.yahoo.com/pepsico/sta...on04_rules.html

Several notable changes:

1. It will air on ABC this year and not the WB.
2. There will be 200 contestants not 1000 like last year.
3. Of the 200, 150 will be chosen from codes entered online and 50 will be selected via regional sweepstakes.
4. You can have up to 500 entries this year, last year was 300.
5. The show will originate from Los Angeles and not Orlando.

Tim :-)[/quote]
Also, each finalist will get to pick five 6-digit numbers instead of just one.

Tim H.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 04:40:10 AM »
There are 2 things that remain a mystery:

1.  Will Drew Carey host this year's installment?

2.  Will the monkey be back again?

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2004, 11:38:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 01:40 AM\'] 2.  Will the monkey be back again? [/quote]
 Man, I could make so many jokes here.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2004, 01:00:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 04:40 AM\'] 2.  Will the monkey be back again? [/quote]
If ABC really wants to bring in viewers, they shouldn't get just any old monkey.  They should get the most recognized monkey in America.  You know, the one whose series ends its ten-year run next Thursday night--Marcel.

(OK, who said David Schwimmer? :-D )
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 01:02:24 PM by GS Warehouse »

cyberjoek

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2004, 01:09:24 PM »
Another thing to note is that there are 200 contestants this year instead of the 1000 last year.  Each contestant will have 5 times as many winning numbers but there will be 5 times fewer contestants.  The overall odds of someone winning the grand prize remain the same.
-Joe Kavanagh

familyfeudfan

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 03:29:29 AM »
Can you imagine what would happen to ABC if someone won 1 Billion dollars, or even over 10 million?

tvwxman

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2004, 06:37:12 AM »
[quote name=\'familyfeudfan\' date=\'May 1 2004, 02:29 AM\'] Can you imagine what would happen to ABC if someone won 1 Billion dollars, or even over 10 million? [/quote]
 The "I work for an ABC affil so I have the right to be sarcastic" answer :

Who knows where they'll get the money to pay for the new line of crap they'll be airing in primetime this fall.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"