Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: From riddle to reality  (Read 1495 times)

Craig Karlberg

From riddle to reality
« on: April 23, 2004, 05:40:02 AM »
Normally, I don't like to bring up reality shows because I'm a traditionalist per se.  However, seeing a thread that started as a riddle may have morphed into something bigger than that.  Here's what I saw at tvgameshows.net:

Sherman Schwartz blesses it & TBS enbraces it.  They have picked up the rights to produce a Gilligan's Island revival as a game opera.  No details as to the format or prize money but 7 people will be sent to a deserted or remote island to try to get back to civilization.  Each will play his/her role as one of the characters from the original 1964-1967 CBS sitcom.\\

Methinks this one might be intresting if the format doesn't turn into a mutual Survivor clone.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 05:40:54 AM by Craig Karlberg »

rugrats1

From riddle to reality
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 08:00:46 AM »
Sherman Schwartz blesses it & TBS enbraces it.

There's one little flaw with that article -- it's "Sherwood", not "Sherman".

aaron sica

From riddle to reality
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 09:15:41 AM »
If it was "Da Perf" that made that blooper, he's now corrected it - but you'd think with his fetish for last names, he'd get them right, as he's messed up last night's Survivor loser.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
From riddle to reality
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 11:33:33 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 05:00 AM\']
Sherman Schwartz blesses it & TBS enbraces it.

There's one little flaw with that article -- it's "Sherwood", not "Sherman". [/quote]
 Well, there's also the asinine and self-serving usage of the term "game opera", but who's counting? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

From riddle to reality
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 10:32:07 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 10:33 AM\'] Well, there's also the asinine and self-serving usage of the term "game opera", but who's counting? :) [/quote]
 Most of the shows are asinine and self-serving, so why shouldn't the name be?  Actually, I kind of like it.  If I want a "Reality Show" I'll watch the 6:00 news.
czambo@mac.com

JMFabiano

From riddle to reality
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 06:59:11 PM »
Just posted on my Blurty (subliminal message: Link at the bottom....CLICK the link on the bottom...) what I think of this...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.