Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Grandstand  (Read 2170 times)

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
Grandstand
« on: April 23, 2004, 10:33:30 PM »
anyone remember a game show called "Grandstand" it was a cool show; how was it played? and how was the bonus round played?
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

Fedya

Grandstand
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 11:50:06 PM »
Did you try doing a Google search on Grandstand plus the phrase "game show"?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

tvwxman

Grandstand
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 07:07:49 AM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 09:33 PM\'] anyone remember a game show called "Grandstand" it was a cool show; how was it played? and how was the bonus round played? [/quote]
 If you're asking how it was played, then how do you know it was 'a cool show'?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

DrBear

Grandstand
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 08:57:17 AM »
To get this out of the way, from Chris Lambert's Sports Game Show Page:

Grandstand
Curt Chaplin hosted this syndicated 1988-89 effort. which pitted three contestant-and-athlete teams. In Round One, the contestants answered rapid-fire questions about their partners; Round Two consisted of jump-in general-sports-knowledge questions. The winning team tried to move across a football-field game board (much like the later "Dream League"). Starting at the twenty-yard line, the team gained $200 and ten yards for each correct answer; a prize was awarded for completing a touchdown (eight questions) in 60 seconds. If things looked bleak, the team could call for 'The Bomb'; much like Whew's 'longshot', it was a one-question, all-or-nothing affair, with all prizes won during the main game and the bonus cash on the line.

This is not to be confused with the long-lived BBC (and short-lived NBC) sports highlights show.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

GSWitch

Grandstand
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 02:05:16 PM »
I remember that show as well!    Nicknamed "The Good Game of the South."

Unfortunately, KTXH-20 aired it only on a limited basis provided that the Houston Astros were playing an away game on EST (New York, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Atlanta:  Florida wasn't in then).  Sometimes for west coast games (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego:  No Arizona or Colorado).

IE:  6:00- Grandstand
      6:30- Astros @ Montreal Expos
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 04:39:07 PM by GSWitch »

melman1

Grandstand
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 09:03:32 PM »
I like baseball it is a cool sport.  How is it played?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 09:03:55 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Steve Gavazzi

Grandstand
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 09:08:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Apr 24 2004, 07:07 AM\'] [quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 09:33 PM\'] anyone remember a game show called "Grandstand" it was a cool show; how was it played? and how was the bonus round played? [/quote]
If you're asking how it was played, then how do you know it was 'a cool show'? [/quote]
 If his posting history is any indication, any show he remembers that is no longer on the air is automatically cool.