Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RI CHANNEL 12  (Read 2320 times)

jrjgames

RI CHANNEL 12
« on: April 24, 2004, 08:20:18 PM »
Thank God for DirectTV! :)

But who else in RI and surrounding areas are pissed that 12 is showing Friaser and not the PIR MDS?

John

Skynet74

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 12:40:58 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Apr 24 2004, 07:20 PM\'] Thank God for DirectTV! :)

But who else in RI and surrounding areas are pissed that 12 is showing Friaser and not the PIR MDS?

John [/quote]
 hmmmmm,   well I happen to not be home at the moment. I'm currently in Mass tonight. If I wasn't swimming in the Hotel pool this evening I would have watched TPIR on WBZ Boston. Actually forgot it was on. What's the Deal with WPRI? It seems very odd that they did not show it. I want to know the reason. I'll email them MONDAY.

John

dscungio

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 08:39:24 AM »
WPRI didn't show it?!  Thank goodness.  I just realized this morning that I missed TPIR last night because I was watching MXC and Iron Chef America instead.

Hmm, that's weird...I'm upset that I missed it, but I'm relieved that it didn't air and I didn't miss anything at all.  Huh??

Dean

TalkingHeadsFan

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 09:49:10 AM »
I'm PISSED. My parents kept saying it wasn't on at 8 since they checked the channels, since I thought it was at 9. I was disappointed when I saw "48 Hours Mystery", and even more disappointed when I found out that I missed it at 8. Then I hit max disappointment when I found out THEY DIDN'T AIR IT! What kind of crazy crap is that?! ugh.

jrjgames

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 07:09:10 PM »
Just found out that 12 decided to run it at midnight!

passwordplus

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 07:24:28 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Apr 25 2004, 07:09 PM\'] Just found out that 12 decided to run it at midnight! [/quote]
 I just did a search on WPRI to learn about it, how could it have the MDS when their site seems to indicate it's a Fox Station? Anyways, if any local affiliate is stupid enough to cut off TPIR entirely(not counting the weather emergencies a few people mentioned on golden-road.net), they deserve a buttload of email and phone calls come Monday. 60 Minutes and TPIR are CBS' flagship shows, and should be treated as such.

dzinkin

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 08:16:50 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 25 2004, 07:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Apr 25 2004, 07:09 PM\'] Just found out that 12 decided to run it at midnight! [/quote]
I just did a search on WPRI to learn about it, how could it have the MDS when their site seems to indicate it's a Fox Station? [/quote]
 WPRI isn't a Fox station... it's CBS, but it and the Fox station share resources.

Skynet74

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 10:52:45 PM »
Here is a list of CBS affiliates and the e-mail address of Management. Write WPRI and give them hell. ;-)

http://www.parentstv.org/ptc/networks/CBSAFFILIATES.htm

John

Jimmy Owen

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 11:29:03 PM »
Wait a second. "Frasier" is syndicated by Paramount, which is owned by Viacom, which owns CBS.  Everything is okay, no need to panic.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

rugrats1

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 12:28:24 AM »
I just did a search on WPRI to learn about it, how could it have the MDS when their site seems to indicate it's a Fox Station?

WPRI isn't a Fox station... it's CBS, but it and the Fox station share resources.

Of course, Yahoo has WPRI listed as a Fox station:

http://dir.yahoo.com/News_and_Media/Televi.../Complete_List/

Apparently, the staton's website ( http://www.wpri.com/ ) confused the editors, as WNAC's logo says "Fox Providence", while WPRI's logo doesn't have a CBS "eye" (though there's a link for CBS News on the main page).

Wait a second. "Frasier" is syndicated by Paramount, which is owned by Viacom, which owns CBS. Everything is okay, no need to panic.

Yet WPRI's owned by LIN Broadcasting. (Never mind that CBS briefly owned the station in 1995, before being forced to sell it, due to CBS's acquisition of Westinghouse, the owners of WBZ in Boston.)

Jamey Greek

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 09:00:13 AM »
WPRI used to be an ABC station and it aired WOF, J!, Headline Chasers, Break The Bank, I could go on and on.

Skynet74

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 11:54:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' date=\'Apr 26 2004, 08:00 AM\'] WPRI used to be an ABC station and it aired WOF, J!, Headline Chasers, Break The Bank, I could go on and on. [/quote]

WPRI has always been a great station for Game Shows. They probably have aired more Game shows then any other station in the market. Here are all the ones that I can think of

The Cross-wits
Face The Music
Tic Tac Dough
The Joker's Wild
Liar's Club
Wheel Of Fortune
Jeopardy
To Tell The Truth (2000)
The Price Is Right
Break The Bank
Trivia Trap
Headline Chasers
Match Game PM.
The Newlywed Game
All Star Secrets
All Star Blitz
The Gong Show
Family Feud (Dawson)
New Hollywood Sqaures (Davidson)

.... and there are probably more. So I have no idea why WPRI decided to flake out on the Million Dollar Special this past Saturday night. I've yet to receive a response to the e-mail I sent them.

John

rugrats1

RI CHANNEL 12
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2004, 12:35:12 PM »
I have no idea why WPRI decided to flake out on the Million Dollar Special this past Saturday night. I've yet to receive a response to the e-mail I sent them.

Local surplus ad time to burn, maybe? Many stations occasionally pre-empt network shows for movies or syndicated programming, to give local advertisers ad time, which the station might've overbooked earlier in the year.

But still, there's a better way to do this than pre-empt Price.