Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rich Fields Forever  (Read 1541 times)

whewfan

Rich Fields Forever
« on: April 27, 2004, 03:07:33 PM »
As some of you already know, Rich Fields was named the new TPIR announcer on today's show.

Rich seems to have toned down his delivery without taking the enthusiasm away.

Other than that, nothing really to note about today's show

tommycharles

Rich Fields Forever
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 03:14:12 PM »
Well...I heard Rich for the first time yesterday, and I have to say that he's a great fit for the show. A completely different style to Rod, who in turn was a completely different style to Johnny, and there's nothing wrong with any of it.

DYosua

Rich Fields Forever
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 03:48:42 PM »
I have to say I was extremely disappointed with Rich's performance today.  Besides stumbling on a few of the prize descriptions, he was shouting rather than trying to project his voice.  His voice has a certain quality that does not lend itself to being heard.  It didn't effect the audience's ability to hear him, though, since they were so quiet... not as bad as Saturday's MDS but it was certainly not the electric atmosphere we've come to know on TPiR.

sshuffield70

Rich Fields Forever
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 04:29:34 PM »
Well, here's another perspective.....

What were the previous day jobs of Johnny Olsen and Rod Roddy?  TV Announcer, of course.

What is Rich's current day job (er....besides "Price")......Meteorologist.  Naturally, announcing has a lot different feel than doing TV weather.  Give him some more time to work out the kinks......(yes I know he's done this for awhile.......) and I think you'll see some noticeable improvement.

WorldClassRob

Rich Fields Forever
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 11:11:33 AM »
[quote name=\'DYosua\' date=\'Apr 27 2004, 02:48 PM\'] I have to say I was extremely disappointed with Rich's performance today.  Besides stumbling on a few of the prize descriptions, he was shouting rather than trying to project his voice.  His voice has a certain quality that does not lend itself to being heard.  It didn't effect the audience's ability to hear him, though, since they were so quiet... not as bad as Saturday's MDS but it was certainly not the electric atmosphere we've come to know on TPiR. [/quote]
 Give Rich time to excel and blend into his new job.  He has a very good delivery and is pretty much one of the announcers of the future in the game show world, if not for future television specials and/or award shows (let's face it guys, Charlie O. and Johnny Gilbert are not going to last forever!)