Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It seems that a TPIR game has been retired...  (Read 7574 times)

cmjb13

It seems that a TPIR game has been retired...
« on: April 30, 2004, 07:14:46 AM »
Unless I heard wrong, Time is Money is gone.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

rugrats1

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:59:32 AM »
Does golden-road.net have anything to say about it? (They're usually first with news like this.)

If it was retired, maybe it's temporary for a reimaging -- one of the flaws of the game was getting rid of the bonus cash element, but keeping a title.

To be honest, they're better off retiring the title, rather than the game.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 08:06:10 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 06:14 AM\'] Unless I heard wrong, Time is Money is gone. [/quote]
 This has to be the shortest-lived TPIR game since Gallery Game or On the Nose if true.

tyshaun1

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 08:07:39 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 06:59 AM\'] Does golden-road.net have anything to say about it? (They're usually first with news like this.)

If it was retired, maybe it's temporary for a reimaging -- one of the flaws of the game was getting rid of the bonus cash element, but keeping a title.

To be honest, they're better off retiring the title, rather than the game. [/quote]
Meh, it was one of those games that you could take or leave. The title never really fit the game, and once they eliminated the cash option, it just made the game even more of a drag than it already was. I'd say it more than likely is gone, since it's been a couple of months since I've seen or read of them playing it.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 08:08:53 AM by tyshaun1 »

Skynet74

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 09:32:43 AM »
This thread made me think.......... I wonder how many suggestions that the show gets from the general public for new game ideas. I bet you that some people send in illustrations and everything.

John

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 09:35:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 08:32 AM\'] This thread made me think.......... I wonder how many suggestions that the show gets from the general public for new game ideas. I bet you that some people send in illustrations and everything.

John [/quote]
 All but two people on this board who have submitted ideas for TPIR games have gotten rejected. Those two people worked/work for the organization producing TPIR. Ergo, they don't take outside ideas from the casual fans.

Robair

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 12:16:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 07:07 AM\'] [quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 06:59 AM\'] Does golden-road.net have anything to say about it? (They're usually first with news like this.)

To be honest, they're better off retiring the title, rather than the game. [/quote]
Meh, it was one of those games that you could take or leave. The title never really fit the game, and once they eliminated the cash option, it just made the game even more of a drag than it already was. I'd say it more than likely is gone, since it's been a couple of months since I've seen or read of them playing it.

Tyshaun [/quote]
 It was indeed played on today's show, and so far nothing in the rotation pattern or anything we've gotten from the staff indicates that the game has been offed.
--Robair

JayC

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 03:10:58 PM »
It may have an ugly set, but it's a fun and creative game.  Shouldn't be retired.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 03:41:25 PM »
CGJ's got something about it at Golden-Road.  Nothing particularly informative at this point, but it's better than nothing.

http://golden-road.net/modules.php?name=Fo...9f8a0228501938d

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 03:51:15 PM »
I say good riddance to Time is Money. It was OK at first but once they changed the rules it was nothing more than Switcheroo with an ugly set and grocery items. I won't shed a tear if it goes.

Hmmm....if Time is Money IS gone, could it signal progression in the plan to bring back Penny Ante?

cmjb13

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 04:09:53 PM »
I don't make this stuff up folks.

I had heard that Time is money is "gone"
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 04:25:30 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 07:59 AM\'] Does golden-road.net have anything to say about it? (They're usually first with news like this.)

[/quote]
You do realize they are not the only news source, right?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 04:36:49 PM by cmjb13 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2004, 04:28:11 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 12:10 PM\'] It may have an ugly set, but it's a fun and creative game.  Shouldn't be retired. [/quote]
How is it fun OR creative? You don't even have to know the prices of the items, you just have to have an IDEA. You get two chances - ooh, there's an original concept. After the first one, you are told how many you have right: wow! Never seen THAT before.

It's CheckOut for stupid people. They could never even get the camera blocking for it right.

They call it "Time Is Money", I call it "This Game Sucks", and I stand by that.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 04:28:45 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JayC

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2004, 05:30:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 03:28 PM\'] How is it fun OR creative? You don't even have to know the prices of the items, you just have to have an IDEA. [/quote]
 Isn't that basically the strategy used in ALL games by just about ALL contestants?

Alright, maybe it just based on ideas from other games, but it still fun to watch, as are any timed games on the show (Bonkers espically)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2004, 08:24:09 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 05:06 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 06:14 AM\'] Unless I heard wrong, Time is Money is gone. [/quote]
This has to be the shortest-lived TPIR game since Gallery Game or On the Nose if true. [/quote]
 Two words: "Split Decision".