Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's My Line theme  (Read 1920 times)

bulldog_06

What's My Line theme
« on: April 30, 2004, 12:22:22 PM »
On last night, it was interesting to hear the What's My Line theme played while they were talking about the Dallas Mavericks "Goin' fishin."

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
What's My Line theme
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »
I think it's well past the time where we really should be all that shocked or excited to hear a game show theme from either of the two GSN CDs used on radio or TV.  In all but the rarest of occasions, they're not being used in reverence towards the original game show - simply as "period" music.
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
What's My Line theme
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 04:19:28 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 10:44 AM\'] I think it's well past the time where we really should be all that shocked or excited to hear a game show theme from either of the two GSN CDs used on radio or TV.  In all but the rarest of occasions, they're not being used in reverence towards the original game show - simply as "period" music. [/quote]
 I'll remind you that your audience consists of people who get excited to the point of putting their lives on hold over minor sideplots of television shows that involve the characters making an appearance on WOF - which, alongside Jeopardy, is about as common a GS reference as one can make.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JCGames

What's My Line theme
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 09:05:11 PM »
I didn't see the game....what theme did they use-the syndie version's theme or "Rollercoaster"?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
What's My Line theme
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 02:33:39 AM »
Rollercoaster is the perfect accompaniment to the daily activity of flossing your teeth. You do floss your teeth every day, don't you? I hope so. My former dental hygienist told me that flossing is considered more important than brushing. Why? Because today's fluoridated water has reduced the incidence of tooth decay. That is a statistical fact. Anyhoo, she and her husband are now story editors on the Drew Carey show. Where else but in Hollywood does a dental hygienist become a sitcom story editor? She was a damn fine hygienist in her day and helped get me over my dental phobia by talking about show bidness while cleaning my teeth.

Do not attempt to floss your teeth while riding on a roller coaster.

But I digress ...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 02:36:21 AM by chris319 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
What's My Line theme
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 02:35:54 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 12:44 PM\'] I think it's well past the time where we really should be all that shocked or excited to hear a game show theme from either of the two GSN CDs used on radio or TV.  In all but the rarest of occasions, they're not being used in reverence towards the original game show - simply as "period" music. [/quote]
 Now, if they dug up the theme to "Whew!" and used it during a game, that might be something to talk about.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DrBear

What's My Line theme
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 03:33:06 PM »
In fact, I was once told by a local radio DJ that the two GS theme CDs were probably used as often as any "stock music" CDs they had.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

uncamark

What's My Line theme
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 05:29:38 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'May 2 2004, 01:33 AM\']Rollercoaster is the perfect accompaniment to the daily activity of flossing your teeth. You do floss your teeth every day, don't you? I hope so. My former dental hygienist told me that flossing is considered more important than brushing. Why? Because today's fluoridated water has reduced the incidence of tooth decay. That is a statistical fact. Anyhoo, she and her husband are now story editors on the Drew Carey show. [/quote]
"Were* story editors.

ABC will finally be burning off those final season "Carey" eps starting on June 2.  Double pump on Wednesday nights.  They'll get through the whole season in 11 weeks.

ArguablyObGameShow:  I guess they've burned off every "Whose Line?" that's been made.