Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Info on TPIR home game  (Read 1492 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Info on TPIR home game
« on: May 10, 2004, 04:32:06 PM »
from golden-road.net

Anonymous writes: I am pleased to announce to the many Price is Right fans here at Golden-Road.net that the NEW Home edition of The Price is Right will begin shipping this summer. We're hoping to get the game out in early June, so you should start seeing it pop up in all of your favorite Toy and Game stores by around July 1, 2004.

Unlike past versions of PiR, this edition will feature 45 of the best Pricing Games as well as the Opening Bid, Showcase Showdown, and Showcase! It should retail for approx. $20.00 and will be available in most stores.

For the record, the game was designed by Mr. Travis Schario, past PiR winner and contributor to one of the stories here on golden-road.net.
Many thanks go out to Travis. His hard work has brought about the best home version of this game we have ever seen or played. In another month and a half, you will all be able to find out for yourselves! Have fun.

Sincerely,
Brian Turtle
National Sales Manager,
Endless Games
www.endlessgames.com

Matt Ottinger

Info on TPIR home game
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 06:32:58 PM »
Well, good for Travis, then.  I find it very surprising that a small company like Endless would outsource the actual design of the game to someone who's no more than an enthusiastic fan, but if it means we get a decent adaptation out of the deal, that's terrific!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Tony

Info on TPIR home game
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 09:50:45 PM »
In Mr. Turtle's original post on Golden Road, I noticed that he referred to the Showcase Showdown and the Showcase as seperate parts of the game.  I don't know if Endless Games' ad copy will reflect this, but it appears that at least one person at the company knows the format of the show enough to tell the difference between the two.