Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Happy Larson Day!  (Read 5796 times)

TalkingHeadsFan

Happy Larson Day!
« on: May 19, 2004, 04:16:49 PM »
The Famous "Michael Larson" episodes of Press Your Luck were taped. Can you believe it? 20 years already, wow. Are any of you do anything special for "Larson Day?" Me and friend wore custom made Larson shirts to school, and my friend is giving a presentation on a 10 page research paper he had to do on the Larson incident. He'll be showing clips, and even letting the class play a simulated PYL board, with the original Larson patterns, to see if some of the students can pull off what Larson did. What a perfect day for it!

Douglas

sshuffield70

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 04:20:41 PM »
<does his best Dsmith imitation>

Wow, your friend wrote a 10 page term paper on Michael Larson?
And wore T-shirts for that?

Would you two get a clue?
<end Dsmith imitation>

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 04:20:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'May 19 2004, 03:16 PM\'] Me and friend wore custom made Larson shirts to school, and my friend is giving a presentation on a 10 page research paper he had to do on the Larson incident.

[/quote]
Dude, are you serious...you might as well wear a shirt with "Strawberry Shortcake" on it.
Of course, if you found the PYL t-shirt for less than $150 on Ebay; good on you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 04:33:44 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

melman1

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 04:22:13 PM »
What's the over/under line on the number of wedgies that "me and my friend" will get today?  (Starting with the English teacher, no doubt.)
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

BrandonFG

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 04:31:44 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'May 19 2004, 03:22 PM\'] What's the over/under line on the number of wedgies that "me and my friend" will get today?  (Starting with the English teacher, no doubt.) [/quote]
 (cue audience shouting out numbers)

Well, Bob...if he had celebrated the anniversary of the actual airdate, I'd say no more than 5.
But, since he's referring to the tape date, which no one in their right mind would care about, I'd say at least 10. (CS86 *ding*)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

sshuffield70

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 04:35:22 PM »
(crowd yelling "HIGHER")

I'll accept that logic and say it's a lot HIGHER!! (CS '86 "ding!")

MikeK

• Martha!
Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 04:54:58 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'May 19 2004, 04:16 PM\'] The Famous "Michael Larson" episodes of Press Your Luck were taped. Can you believe it? 20 years already, wow. Are any of you do anything special for "Larson Day?"[/quote]
What'd I do?  The same thing I do every day--go to my job as an ice cream truck driver, study PYL frame-by-frame for hours in my underground lair, and I withdrew money from my bank account in stacks of $1 bills for a radio contest involving the bills' serial numbers.

Methinks this "Larson Day" celebration was the topic du jour in the teacher's lounge and it'll be mentioned frequently in this kid's therapy sessions for years to come.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 04:56:35 PM by hmtriplecrown »

J.R.

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 05:45:37 PM »
I can picture it now:

Ms. Waddell: Okay students, please tell me who've you've written about

Tim: George Washington
Mary: Susan B. Anthony
Andrea: Abraham Lincoln
Robert: John Adams
Nick: James Monroe
Douglas: Michael Larson

Topic: Write a 3-page report on a notable name from history.

-Joe R.
(Who is planning "Rolf Benirschke Day". I am getting cosmetic surgery done so I can look just like him, doctor said it would only be temporary... I hope. Also borrowed main street for the Rolf Benirschke Parade and the Rolf Benirschke t-shirt, pants, underwear and tattoo as well)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 05:46:15 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

LetsGoMets2003

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 06:06:33 PM »
Joe, why am I laughing uncontrollably when I read your reply to Doug's post...That's funny.

I just want to announce that I'm going to celebrate Patrick Wayne day by writing a 3 page-paper on the Rappin' Dragon.

James

(If you believed that last line, please report to the TTD '90 room at once to serve your detention. ;) )

TalkingHeadsFan

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 06:35:44 PM »
Trust me, my shirt was reasonable (PYL Logo On Back), his was outrageous. Huge ass pic of Larson smiling, Random quotes from the episode all over, covered in PYL squares. But hey, if it makes for an easy grade, why not? It was fun though, never-the-less. Not as fun as the games of Class Feud and Egyptian Fair Pyramid that we organized and created. ;-)

sshuffield70

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 08:22:36 PM »
Sounds worse than adamjk's obsession with "Feud", don't ya think??

tyshaun1

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 08:25:45 PM »
If TakingHeadsFan starts talking about how they went bowling after school and says his friend told him Larson was bipolar and was instituted,  then yeah.

Otherwise, not even close.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:26:39 PM by tyshaun1 »

J.R.

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 08:47:06 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'May 19 2004, 05:35 PM\'] Trust me, my shirt was reasonable (PYL Logo On Back), his was outrageous. Huge ass pic of Larson smiling, Random quotes from the episode all over, covered in PYL squares. But hey, if it makes for an easy grade, why not? It was fun though, never-the-less. Not as fun as the games of Class Feud and Egyptian Fair Pyramid that we organized and created. ;-) [/quote]
 And did any of the students give you unusual looks and then ask you who the heck you're talking about and did any of your teachers recomend "Special Councelor Time" as a way to help you though your serious game show obsession.

I'm sure your parents must be worried, councilling will help.

One word.... GIRLFRIEND !!! Get one !
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 08:51:01 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'May 19 2004, 05:47 PM\'] And did any of the students give you unusual looks and then ask you who the heck you're talking about and did any of your teachers recomend "Special Councelor Time" as a way to help you though your serious game show obsession.

I'm sure your parents must be worried, councilling will help.

One word.... GIRLFRIEND !!! Get one ! [/quote]
 Oh, yeah, because NOT A ONE OF YOU did something wacky in high school to make a dull presentation interesting in the name of a better grade.

Give me a freakin' break.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JayC

Happy Larson Day!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 09:31:59 PM »
Joe, I think you're going a little overboard on his "obsession".

Hey, I've writen about game shows in a school report myself in the past (mainly because it was a perfect example of greed in pop culture, I even mentioned Mr. Larson's game, with some detail!)