Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Discussion About Spoilers  (Read 1304 times)

Millionaire81

Discussion About Spoilers
« on: May 21, 2004, 07:10:18 PM »
With the whole Jeopardy! thing going on, how do you feel about spoilers?

I for one enjoy spoilers, it's a good reminder to tape an episode.  Yeah, there may be less of a surprise, but I'd rather be able to see it than miss it altogether.  It's also a little disappointing about the new rule regarding in studio spoilers, I've always enjoyed hearing about upcoming changes and God knows they always spark wonderful discussion.  Not only that, but there's spoiler space.  I mean no one's putting a gun to your head to read on, but I guess some people can't control themselves and then blame others for ruining the surprise and telling them what'll happen.  I just wish we'd go back to posting spoilers in the appropriate areas with proper spoiler space, instead of saying "I might know" and then a long game of hot and cold to find out what it is.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:29:55 AM by Millionaire81 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 09:04:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'May 21 2004, 04:10 PM\'] With the whole Jeopardy! thing going on, how do you feel about spoilers?
 [/quote]
 Hate 'em. Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em.

That's all. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Little Big Brother

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 09:47:33 PM »
Not only that, but there's spoiler space.

Unfortunately, those only work when the subject isn't

SUPER MILLIONAIRE SPOILER
Joey Joe Joe Shabadu Jr. wins it all!!!

or

WOF SPOILER
Missed 100k puzzle

Kinda tough to avert your eyes when you're browsing the thread list.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 05:30:18 AM »
At least I don't have to worry about doing stuff like that anyways.  Besides, spoilers are there for those who want to know what went down on a particular episode in question.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather be surprised myself, watch the shows, see if anything was mentioned about it in the proper thread, then I get to post my thoughts(even if some are a bit off target sometimes).  My general rule is to wait at least 3 hours after a show airs in my area before I get into it.

Don Howard

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 09:26:40 AM »
I find posters of spoilers to be on the selfish side. "I know something you don't know--I saw something before you did". There is no use for those on my planet.