Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about UK Millionaire CD  (Read 2992 times)

johnnyd1788

Question about UK Millionaire CD
« on: May 24, 2004, 08:40:53 PM »
Does anybody know where I can get the WWTBAM? Soundtrack from the UK considering it's an import? I'm really interested in getting it!
Thanks,
John

Steve McClellan

inturnaround

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 08:49:34 PM »
You can also find it here.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Steve McClellan

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 09:04:59 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 24 2004, 05:49 PM\'] You can also find it here. [/quote]
 Are you sure that's the same one? I looked it up on Amazon.co.uk, and it said it was out of print.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 05:55:46 AM »
WOW!  Judging by the site, I had no idea there were 70 tracks on that CD.  They were probably about a minute each in length, some of which is definitely looped during the show anyways.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 06:02:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 25 2004, 02:55 AM\'] WOW!  Judging by the site, I had no idea there were 70 tracks on that CD.  They were probably about a minute each in length, some of which is definitely looped during the show anyways. [/quote]
 Often less that that. That UK CD is a rare example (well, rare by US standards, maybe it happens all the time over there, I don't know) of the production music package for the show being made available to the public. It has all of the music loops, the themes, think loops, the full meal deal, plus all of the quick stings (like the stings they use in and out of commercials, and the sting they use when the spotlights are setting up a new question) and sound effects used on the show. (It also has a KICK ASS dance remix of the main theme.) Basically, if the guy running the sound board for the show has access to it during taping, it's on that CD. If you're a Millionaire fan and you can lay hands on one without giving up the farm, I really recommend it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

vtown7

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 07:14:09 AM »
I have a copy and it's actually quite good... I've used it for a couple of millionaire games where I've gone to school and it's gone over quite well.

I agree with Mr. Lemon - spend the dough, and get the CD.

Cheers,

Ryan :)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 09:25:56 AM »
I got my copy on Amazon.com a few years ago - and I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread......well, OK, not THE greatest thing....
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ChuckNet

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 11:46:08 AM »
I got my copy on Amazon.com a few years ago - and I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread......well, OK, not THE greatest thing....

But pretty damn close. :-) The only missing cue is the one played for an incorrect answer on one of the first 5 questions, but that's no big loss.

And am I the only still waiting for someone to miss a $1M question so we have the pleasure(?) of hearing that kick-ass $1M loss cue on-air?

Chuck Donegan (The Sadistic "Chuckie Baby")

MYosua

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 01:44:27 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 25 2004, 11:46 AM\'] The only missing cue is the one played for an incorrect answer on one of the first 5 questions, but that's no big loss. [/quote]
 Actually, there is another cue missing, and that's the bed that is played when the Fastest Finger answers are revealed in the correct order.  (It's available on the UK PC game.)  But, the beginning of track 2 is close enough to it, and the average viewer/player probably wouldn't know the difference.

...and while it may sound mean, there is a part of me that would also really like to hear the $1M loss cue on-air here.  :-)

Particleman

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 02:18:32 PM »
I'm glad I stumbled up upon this thread.  Just yesterday I started searching the web for this CD and haven't been able to find it anywhere.  Thanks for the link.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 02:52:25 PM »
Also, the first 5 correct answer cue is missing...That rapid harp / synth hit cue.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 09:59:16 PM »
Thanks for the info, everyone! I hope I can get a real deal on shipping on the first link in US dollars... I will order it someday...
John

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 05:25:48 AM »
Maybe those cues were used in post production or there were simply too much stuff on the CD to include those short cues.

As for the $1M($10M in SM terms if it ever comes to that) loss cue, I personally do NOT want to hear it on air because it would upset me very much so.  I'll stick with the CD-ROM games thank you very much.

aaron sica

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 08:26:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 26 2004, 05:25 AM\'] As for the $1M($10M in SM terms if it ever comes to that) loss cue, I personally do NOT want to hear it on air because it would upset me very much so. [/quote]
 I can see another TV being destroyed, and Craig walking into the TV shop..

"There's that guy AGAIN!! How many TV's does he go through??"