Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michael Davies and Meredith Millionaire  (Read 2542 times)

gtbecbp

Michael Davies and Meredith Millionaire
« on: June 01, 2004, 12:38:24 PM »
Michael Davies hinted at a couple of tweaks for Meredith Millionaire in the next season, in an interview with tvgameshows.net.  Any thoughts as to what these might be?

Ben
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:05:08 PM by gtbecbp »

itiparanoid13

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 03:15:15 PM »
Well obviously the set for one.  They can not take out everything from SM.  All of the SM stuff, excluding the music, which I am assuming is the lights on the stairs, the monitors, and the new chaser lights.  I dont know about gameplay changes.  None really needed.

goongas

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 09:08:59 PM »
Maybe a new lifeline that allows you to replace one of the existing ones?  I personally would like to see a 5 person ROF, but I know that won't happen.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 09:35:28 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 09:08 PM\'] Maybe a new lifeline that allows you to replace one of the existing ones?  I personally would like to see a 5 person ROF, but I know that won't happen. [/quote]
 Okay, maybe I'm just having a brain fart, but what's "ROF?"

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 09:36:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 08:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 09:08 PM\'] Maybe a new lifeline that allows you to replace one of the existing ones?  I personally would like to see a 5 person ROF, but I know that won't happen. [/quote]
Okay, maybe I'm just having a brain fart, but what's "ROF?" [/quote]
 Sounds like Ring of Fire (Fastest Finger), but it's just a guess.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JayC

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 09:57:18 PM »
Perhaps they'll be adding a fastest finger to the game?

starcade

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 10:07:46 PM »
Right -- ROF = Ring of Fire

I'd like to see a "Flip" -- you spend one of your three lifelines to throw out the question and get a new one.  (Used in UK Live WWTBAM experiment)

gtbecbp

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 12:30:36 AM »
A 6-person ROF might work, but there probably is not enough time to do this.  Syndie show need lots of commercials.  Hopefully SyndeBAM will get the Super Millionaire set, strobe lights and all!!!

Ben

DrJWJustice

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 04:34:06 AM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 09:07 PM\'] Right -- ROF = Ring of Fire

I'd like to see a "Flip" -- you spend one of your three lifelines to throw out the question and get a new one.  (Used in UK Live WWTBAM experiment) [/quote]
 The 'flip' was used on another Celador game show -- The People Versus -- which ABC was going to bring to the US, but never did.  It's not even airing in the UK any more.  I've seen a couple of episodes of it, one of each series -- not bad, but can get dull very quickly.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 04:43:17 AM »
If there's a new lifeline I'd like to see is something that can help players especially in the mid-tier brackets.  It's where one of the lifelines that was used during the first tier will be reinstated as a "Second Chance".  However, it can be used ONLY once.  After that, that lifeline won't be available for the remainder of the game.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 08:57:49 AM »
A 6-person ROF might work, but there probably is not enough time to do this. Syndie show need lots of commercials. Hopefully SyndeBAM will get the Super Millionaire set, strobe lights and all!!!

One of the reasons for not having Fastest Finger is that they haven't been running the shows in order of taping.  If they were going to have FF on the syndie verison, they'd probably have to have 10 contestants who would stay with them the whole week - therefore, they'd have to air all the shows in order of taping - which isn't a bad idea!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

gtbecbp

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 12:04:38 PM »
I was thinking of 6-person Fastest Finger, self-contained for each show.  No Ring of Fire constsants would return after one day.

Ben

goongas

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »
I was thinking of 6-person Fastest Finger, self-contained for each show. No Ring of Fire constsants would return after one day.

That is what I was thinking, but it would be an administrative nightmare to have around 25 people per taping day to take care of, interview, etc.  They could eliminate some of the banter to fit fastest fingers in.  Plus, they don't need to introduce the contestants, as Super Millionaire doesn't seem to need to.

gtbecbp

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 12:45:51 PM »
They could take out some of the banter, good point.  Bringing Fastest Finger back would make the show more exciting, honestly.  It almost has a "talk show" feel without it.  I continue to watch it religiously, however.  Meredith is great.

Ben
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:48:21 PM by gtbecbp »

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 12:48:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 03:43 AM\'] However, it can be used ONLY once.  After that, that lifeline won't be available for the remainder of the game. [/quote]
 Unlike those lifelines you can use twice?

Brandon Brooks