Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let 'Em Roll odds  (Read 3027 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Let 'Em Roll odds
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 12:42:36 PM »
Dammit, guys.  Couldn't you wait for me to put my 2 cents in about a math problem?  I didn't take combinatorics last semester for the knowledge to go to waste. :-P

That's what I get for playing the percentages by logging onto the 'net after Noon Eastern.

tvrandywest

Let 'Em Roll odds
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 12:51:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 07:39 AM\'] Situation (b): 2 cars on 2 dice in 2 rolls, PLUS a seperate car on 1 die in 2 rolls.

So the only difference now is that extra die in (b). Since half the die is cars, and you get two chances, most of the time, this should happen. So the odds of getting 3 cars on three dice in two rolls shouldn't be all that far removed from those of getting 2 on two dice in 2 rolls. [/quote]
 Thanks Chris, that DOES make it feel all warm and fuzzy.

Them old math synapses are a little rusty. College was a l-o-n-g time ago for me. But it was easier way back then because there was no history to study!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com