Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Karn Feud Questions  (Read 2094 times)

mb425

Karn Feud Questions
« on: June 22, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »
Is it just me, or are the questions on Karn's feud getting too... easy? I am saying this after them having the question "Name a word that rhymes with gun," now come on. Oviously, the family swept the board. Eaither they want the questions to be easy, or they are just getting lazy. I'm going to go with lazy.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 12:39:14 PM by mb425 »

Jimmy Owen

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 12:59:14 PM »
How many choices were on the board?  The trick is to come up with the most popular answers as determined by the poll so there is the possibility of having an answer that fits the category but doesn't make the survey.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 06:09:40 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

mb425

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 01:04:05 PM »
They had the top 6 answers on the board. It seemed easy, to me because they got no strikes eaither.

BrandonFG

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 01:24:19 PM »
[quote name=\'mb425\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 11:39 AM\'] Is it just me, or are the questions on Karn's feud getting too... easy? I am saying this after them having the question "Name a word that rhymes with gun," now come on. Oviously, the family swept the board. Eaither they want the questions to be easy, or they are just getting lazy. I'm going to go with lazy. [/quote]
 They've had a lot of rhyme-with questions, both in the maingame, and in Fast Money. Sounds like laziness to me.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Frank15

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 03:23:12 PM »
Rhyming questions might be OK for fast money, where you only get 2 guesses, but they're way too easy for a maingame round.

The worst, though, a main game quetion that was "Name which of the 7 dwarves your spouse is most like in bed," or something to that effect.  I mean, come on!  All you need to do is name any random dwarf... I mean, the only way even possible to get three strikes would've been not to know all the dwarves.

bandit_bobby

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:40:30 PM »
I haven't really been paying attention to the content of those questions, although I don't think your claim is the case, especially in Fast money. It is about as hard as WOF's bonus round today. Either that, or we've seen a lot of idiots up there.

DrJWJustice

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 03:50:29 PM »
[quote name=\'mb425\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 11:39 AM\'] Is it just me, or are the questions on Karn's feud getting too... easy? I am saying this after them having the question "Name a word that rhymes with gun," now come on. Oviously, the family swept the board. Eaither they want the questions to be easy, or they are just getting lazy. I'm going to go with lazy. [/quote]
Not to be rude, but are you SURE you understand all the nuances of the game?  Trust me, I've seen people who took the most innocuous questions and turned them into disasters, both on game shows as well as my own students on exams.  Just because a family swept a question that you thought was easy doesn't mean that another family would do the same.  

I'll put it another way with a rhetorical question: does Ken Jennings' run on Jeopardy! indicate that the game has gotten easy?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 03:51:42 PM by DrJWJustice »

DrJWJustice

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 03:52:49 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:40 PM\'] I haven't really been paying attention to the content of those questions, although I don't think your claim is the case, especially in Fast money. It is about as hard as WOF's bonus round today. Either that, or we've seen a lot of idiots up there. [/quote]
My only comment for you, Bandit, is that it's better to keep one's mouth closed  and look like a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.  

--"Sheriff Buford T." Justice
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 03:56:59 PM by DrJWJustice »

BrandonFG

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 09:24:12 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:40 PM\'] I haven't really been paying attention to the content of those questions, although I don't think your claim is the case, especially in Fast money. [/quote]
 How would you know if you haven't been paying attention to the questions?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

mb425

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 09:43:56 AM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:50 PM\'] Not to be rude, but are you SURE you understand all the nuances of the game?  Trust me, I've seen people who took the most innocuous questions and turned them into disasters, both on game shows as well as my own students on exams. [/quote]
 I understand if you fumble when you're nervous, but how hard is it to find a word that rhymes with another one? I could do that in 1st grade. Plus, you still get three strikes, so if a member of your family totaly messes up, you get another two chances at it with different people. (Also, I never said anything about fast money in my orginal post. I was refering to that question being asked in the main round)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 01:06:14 PM »
[quote name=\'mb425\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 06:43 AM\'] I understand if you fumble when you're nervous, but how hard is it to find a word that rhymes with another one? I could do that in 1st grade.
 [/quote]
 Under TV lights, with a clock running and cash money on the line? I think you'd be surprised what your brain does under that pressure.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mb425

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 01:51:54 PM »
Read my post. I said during the MAIN GAME. I know it would be different for fast money.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 01:53:19 PM by mb425 »

DrJWJustice

Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 03:43:50 PM »
[quote name=\'mb425\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 08:43 AM\'] [quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:50 PM\'] Not to be rude, but are you SURE you understand all the nuances of the game?  Trust me, I've seen people who took the most innocuous questions and turned them into disasters, both on game shows as well as my own students on exams. [/quote]
I understand if you fumble when you're nervous, but how hard is it to find a word that rhymes with another one? I could do that in 1st grade. Plus, you still get three strikes, so if a member of your family totaly messes up, you get another two chances at it with different people. (Also, I never said anything about fast money in my orginal post. I was refering to that question being asked in the main round) [/quote]
 I'll reiterate what another poster said above. Family Feud is a survey game.  A perfectly good answer may not make the survey.  If this family swept the board, I'd say it was due to luck more than anything else.  There are a lot of words that rhyme with "gun," and it is not a foregone conclusion that someone will sweep the board on any question.  I've seen plenty of occasions when a player would give an answer that common sense would say should never appear, and yet it does.  I've also seen outstanding answers that didn't make the survey for whatever reason.  Whether we're talking about the main game or Fast Money, the principle here remains the same.

My main point here is to be careful when making assumptions -- they don't always hold true.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Karn Feud Questions
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 01:41:50 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:40 PM\'] Either that, or we've seen a lot of idiots up there. [/quote]
 Which is just like the pot calling the kettle black.
--Mark
Phil 4:13