Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: H2 Cancelled...  (Read 2254 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

H2 Cancelled...
« on: July 12, 2004, 06:04:19 PM »
Hello again everyone!

I found that (for our friends in the Chicagoland area) that the next annoying celebrity worship crap fest, The Insider, will debut this fall...on WCIU Channel 26. In other words, it will air on a channel different from the one that carried the Hollywood Squares, WBBM Channel 2.

Unless they are two different shows with the same name, what does this move do for Channel 2's 11am time slot?

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

uncamark

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 06:10:20 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 05:04 PM\']Hello again everyone!

I found that (for our friends in the Chicagoland area) that the next annoying celebrity worship crap fest, The Insider, will debut this fall...on WCIU Channel 26. In other words, it will air on a channel different from the one that carried the Hollywood Squares, WBBM Channel 2.

Unless they are two different shows with the same name, what does this move do for Channel 2's 11am time slot?
[/quote]
Probably news at 11 a.m., like it was before.

More problematic for WBBM, they've got to do something to replace "Living It Up!"  They would've been able to replace it with "Martha Stewart Living," but we know what happened there.  I'm guessing that they'll do a local infotainment show as the sacrificial lamb to Oprah at 9 a.m. and move "Guiding Light" back to the 2 p.m. feed time.

Meanwhile, WCIU may be taking "Feud" out of prime time--they've supposedly picked up "Celebrity Justice" to air at 7:30 p.m. after "Insider".  However, I still haven't heard if "Celeb Justice" has been officially renewed yet (it's currently on WMAQ at 11:30 a.m.).  "Feud"'s currently at 7 p.m., followed by the lame duck and rerunning "Pyramid."

Yep, WBBM decided to pass on "Insider"--but most of the other CBS O&Os haven't.

BrandonFG

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 06:12:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 05:04 PM\'] Hello again everyone!

[/quote]
I think it's only the CBS O&O stations that are replacing H2 with Insider. (the CBS O&O's that aired H2)

EDIT: Mark got things straight.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 06:14:46 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

sshuffield70

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 08:14:25 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 05:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 05:04 PM\'] Hello again everyone!

[/quote]
I think it's only the CBS O&O stations that are replacing H2 with Insider. (the CBS O&O's that aired H2)

EDIT: Mark got things straight. [/quote]
 Not quite.  The CBS O&O here got shutout likely because another station already has ET.  Looks like it will take "Pyramid"s place on the schedule.

tvwxman

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 08:59:45 PM »
The insider is supposed to be part of a seamless hour with ET....how they'll do that in the central time zones where ET runs at 6:30 after local, is anyone's guess...

Then again, my station bought the insider, and doesn't run ET....the GM has a Pat Obrien fetish I guess.... ;)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jimmy Owen

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 09:23:20 PM »
What they should do is put "The Insider" inside ET so you would get 10 mins of ET, 10 mins of Insider, 10 mins of ET and the rest would be teasers of what is coming up on the next show repeated over and over.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

catnap1972

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 11:45:42 PM »
Central PA has ("had") H2 on it's local ABC affil (WHTM) but is also replacing it with Insider.  They're also putting Jane Pauley's new gabfest on at 4pm so I don't know what's to become of Millionaire in late August.

gameshowguy2000

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 12:47:23 AM »
Dallas is having The Insider air on the same station as ET. So, I don't know what's replacing H2 on my CBS affiliate.

Robair

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 04:09:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 08:23 PM\'] What they should do is put "The Insider" inside ET so you would get 10 mins of ET, 10 mins of Insider, 10 mins of ET and the rest would be teasers of what is coming up on the next show repeated over and over. [/quote]
 They're doing that now.

They're also dovetailing reports on Mary-Kate's anorexia with the latest from Eva Herzigova's Playboy shoot.

So is it okay to be thin, or isn't it?

*click*
--Robair

DjohnsonCB

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 11:04:06 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 07:59 PM\'] The insider is supposed to be part of a seamless hour with ET....how they'll do that in the central time zones where ET runs at 6:30 after local, is anyone's guess...

[/quote]
 ET currently runs at 6 PM on KMTV Omaha (they sacrificed their 6 PM news about a year ago) and they bought The Insider, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it follow at 6:30 here, with Extra moving elsewhere.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

aaron sica

H2 Cancelled...
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 11:58:41 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 11:45 PM\'] Central PA has ("had") H2 on it's local ABC affil (WHTM) but is also replacing it with Insider.  They're also putting Jane Pauley's new gabfest on at 4pm so I don't know what's to become of Millionaire in late August. [/quote]
 I was curious about this when I saw the ads for Pauley's show, so I emailed WHTM....They're going to put Millionaire on at the same time as a lot of other ABC stations that carry the show - 12:30pm.