Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Goen  (Read 7970 times)

GS Warehouse

Bob Goen
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 07:38:51 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:30 PM\']
ObBlackout: IMO, Blackout wasn't that bad, but it needs a little tweaking if it ever does come back.
Don't we all! [/quote]
 You mean we all think Blackout wasn't that bad or we all need a little tweaking?

And come to think of it, could CS01 may be why Fremantle never pitched any syndication projects since?

tvrandywest

Bob Goen
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 08:36:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 03:38 PM\'] You mean we all think Blackout wasn't that bad or we all need a little tweaking? [/quote]
 It's like a Rorschach test. It means what you think it means   ;-p

And come to think of it, could CS01 may be why Fremantle never pitched any syndication projects since?
Doubtful. Feud is a hit... season 6? season 7?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

LostCluster

Bob Goen
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 09:27:59 PM »
But likewise, Feud itself might be a reason why Fremantle isn't pumping out another game show title. Want a companion show to Feud? How about more Feud... buy the double-run package! No need to develop a second title when they have a show that's being seen three times daily in major markets... twice on a major station in current season episodes, and last season's episodes reruning on Pax at 7:30pm.

BrandonFG

Bob Goen
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2004, 02:04:47 AM »
[quote name=\'LostCluster\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:32 PM\'] The article says that Goen's development deal is with Paramount, same company he's at now with ET. Hey, wait a second... last time Paramount went anywhere near a game show was Wipeout. CBS/Viacom's division best known for game shows is King World, afterall.

Should be interesting. [/quote]
 I hate to nitpick, but it was nighttime TPiR from '94.

But you're right, it does seem interesting. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

HairMetalLives

Bob Goen
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 02:46:44 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 12:16 PM\'] I thought he was teriffic on "Wheel of Fortune." If he does come back to game shows, I'd definitely welcome him back. [/quote]
Or maybe Fremangle will consider him for TPIR when the time comes..... He's roughly the age Barker was when he began hosting it. [/quote]
 Hey, I didn't think of that! He'd be a great fit, I think!

I've always thought Marc Summers should succeed Bob Barker on "Price," but who's older: Goen or Summers? Or would that even factor into any decision?

zachhoran

Bob Goen
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 07:32:28 AM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 01:46 AM\']
I've always thought Marc Summers should succeed Bob Barker on "Price," but who's older: Goen or Summers? Or would that even factor into any decision? [/quote]
 SUmmers is two or three years older than Goen.

Don Howard

Bob Goen
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 01:09:27 PM »
I truly believe Bob Goen could host just about any game show and do a good job as the man loves the genre and would put his heart and soul into it. He even made The Home Shopping Game bearable.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 01:09:44 PM by Don Howard »

aaron sica

Bob Goen
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2004, 01:35:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 01:09 PM\'] I truly believe Bob Goen could host just about any game show and do a good job as the man loves the genre and would put his heart and soul into it. He even made The Home Shopping Game bearable. [/quote]
 That was the very first time I had heard of Bob Goen, was from the "Home Shopping Game"....WCAU-10 (then CBS) aired it in the summer of '87 with another game show - can't remember what it was though..

Bob was one of two hosts on Home Shopping Game if I remember...Bob Circosta was the other one - what was his claim to fame?

mystery7

Bob Goen
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 03:09:52 PM »
Bob Circosta's biggest claim to fame was apparently selling a billion dollars worth of stuff during his time as a host on HSN. Long way from the 112 can openers Bud Paxson asked him to sell after a newscast.

aaron sica

Bob Goen
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 03:59:11 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 03:09 PM\'] Bob Circosta's biggest claim to fame was apparently selling a billion dollars worth of stuff during his time as a host on HSN. Long way from the 112 can openers Bud Paxson asked him to sell after a newscast. [/quote]
Ah, OK.

I thought I remembered him being tied into HSN in some capacity, but wasn't sure. After all, this was 17 summers ago..

Summer 1987 - the summer that home shopping games invaded TV (don't forget "Bargain Hunters".....OK, on second thought, *forget* "Bargain Hunters").
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 03:59:32 PM by aaron sica »

uncamark

Bob Goen
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 04:07:03 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 02:59 PM\'][quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 03:09 PM\'] Bob Circosta's biggest claim to fame was apparently selling a billion dollars worth of stuff during his time as a host on HSN. Long way from the 112 can openers Bud Paxson asked him to sell after a newscast. [/quote]
Ah, OK.

I thought I remembered him being tied into HSN in some capacity, but wasn't sure. After all, this was 17 summers ago..

Summer 1987 - the summer that home shopping games invaded TV (don't forget "Bargain Hunters".....OK, on second thought, *forget* "Bargain Hunters").[/quote]
It was home shopping *everything* that year--after HSN went public and caused a sensation on Wall Street, everyone and his brother wanted in on it--and for the most part, lost their shirts.

We can't forget Lorimar/Telepicutres' "VTV/Value Television," or what Alex Trebek considered his last best hope for doing a talk show.  When they upped the pitching and cut down the interviewing after the first 13 weeks, he and co-host Meredith MacRae both bailed out, to be replaced by--Richard Simmons.  Which shows you how cold the home shopping craze had become by then.

Jimmy Owen

Bob Goen
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2004, 04:43:48 PM »
Anybody ever see "D.H.(Dayton Hudson) Direct"?  It was on only one station in Michigan and from what I understand it was hosted by Jim Peck.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

Bob Goen
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2004, 04:50:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 03:43 PM\']Anybody ever see "D.H.(Dayton Hudson) Direct"?  It was on only one station in Michigan and from what I understand it was hosted by Jim Peck.[/quote]
It also ran in Chicago, although Dayton Hudson (now Target Stores) had yet to acquire Marshall Field's.  Did see a promo, but never saw the actual show, can't remember which station it was on (although I would guess either WPWR or WGBO).

GSWitch

Bob Goen
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2004, 05:47:59 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 02:59 PM\'] Summer 1987 - the summer that home shopping games invaded TV (don't forget "Bargain Hunters".....OK, on second thought, *forget* "Bargain Hunters"). [/quote]
 Goen hosted the Home Shopping Game.  

Bob Goen had better luck after shaving that mustache when doing the daytime Wheel for CBS & NBC.

zachhoran

Bob Goen
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2004, 07:51:56 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 12:35 PM\']

Bob was one of two hosts on Home Shopping Game if I remember...Bob Circosta was the other one [/quote]
 Debbie Barlett of 80s Dream House and Every Second Counts was Bob and Bob's co-host.