Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reel to Reel Picture Show  (Read 1868 times)

JerrysFeudinAgain

Reel to Reel Picture Show
« on: July 21, 2004, 04:12:15 PM »
Has Peter Marshall got his money yet? :) What a turkey that show was. I remember one episode where James Avery was on. You could tell that he didn't want to be there.

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 04:34:53 PM »
[quote name=\'JerrysFeudinAgain\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 03:12 PM\']Has Peter Marshall got his money yet? :) What a turkey that show was. I remember one episode where James Avery was on. You could tell that he didn't want to be there.[/quote]
The Malcolm Jackpot has a better chance of being given away than "Reel to Reel" ever seeing the light of day anywhere again.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 04:45:33 PM »
[quote name=\'JerrysFeudinAgain\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 03:12 PM\'] Has Peter Marshall got his money yet? :) What a turkey that show was. I remember one episode where James Avery was on. You could tell that he didn't want to be there. [/quote]
 Since I never saw the show, what was it about James that make it clear that he would have rather been getting his temperature taken with a rectal thermometer?

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 05:19:23 PM »
Besides budget problems, the show had other problems...

Peter did say in his book that "it sounded like a good idea". My take is, he put himself in a position where he actually had to act as a "game show host. The material didn't allow Peter to play off the celebs (if you want to call the likes of Lainie Kazan and Abe Vigoda celebs) so the format was entirely foreign to him.

It seems Peter wasn't 100% clear on the rules, and botched up the bonus game on at least one occasion by giving away answers when he shouldn't have.

Reel the Reel had obvious problems booking A list (heck, none were even C list) celebs, not to mention celebs that had a vast knowledge of movie trivia. Tom Poston was very embarassed not knowing most of the material being asked.

Reel to Reel could've been reformatted into a HS-like format. Perhaps something similar to Celebrity Sweepstakes where celebs wrote down answers to questions, and the players had to determine who had the right answer.

gsnstooge

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 02:19:25 PM »
The contestants not getting their winnings shows if the taxman had nothing to do with the cash and/or prizes you won but did not receive, it could have been the production company.

inturnaround

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 12:23:48 AM »
I do have a special place in my heart for how horrible it was. I tell you, I'd pay money if someone gave the MST3k treatment to this stinkeroo.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 12:29:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 03:45 PM\'] ...that he would have rather been getting his temperature taken with a rectal thermometer? [/quote]
 What's this group's obsession with the lower gluteal region anyway?