Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How would you revive...  (Read 2870 times)

gshowguy

How would you revive...
« on: August 21, 2004, 01:56:44 PM »
With the lack of game shows appearing on daytime TV, all we are left with is The Price is Right. What shows would you like to see on daytime TV?

catkins522

How would you revive...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 02:00:31 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 12:56 PM\'] With the lack of game shows appearing on daytime TV, all we are left with is The Price is Right. What shows would you like to see on daytime TV? [/quote]
 The Cheap Show!
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Robair

How would you revive...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 02:10:15 PM »
Not so simple, really.

First you have to get rid of Oprah, Jerry, Montel, Maury and Jane.

THEN you have to worry about what game shows to revive.
--Robair

gshowguy

How would you revive...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 03:07:14 PM »
Well, I meant for network television, not syndication.

dzinkin

How would you revive...
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 03:33:23 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 03:07 PM\'] Well, I meant for network television, not syndication. [/quote]
 And you believe that network affiliates don't run syndicated shows?

gshowguy

How would you revive...
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004, 04:50:42 PM »
No! What I'm saying is, what shows would you like to see on ABC daytime, CBS daytime, and NBC daytime? Here's an example:

"Now You See It" - CBS daytime
"Classic Concentration" & "$ale of the Century" - NBC daytime
"Whew!" - ABC daytime instead of CBS daytime

Now, do you understand what I mean?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
How would you revive...
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2004, 05:07:06 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 03:50 PM\'] Now, do you understand what I mean? [/quote]
 No. What I do understand is you look like a bigger idiot each time you post.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tommycharles

How would you revive...
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2004, 05:16:36 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 03:50 PM\'] "Whew!" - ABC daytime instead of CBS daytime
 [/quote]
 Why, though?

dzinkin

How would you revive...
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2004, 05:21:24 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 04:50 PM\'] Now, do you understand what I mean? [/quote]
 I don't think YOU understand what you mean.  As Robair said, the daytime schedules of the network affiliates are full of talk shows.  Where do you propose that ABC, CBS, and NBC put new game shows if the talk shows are still there?

Steve Gavazzi

How would you revive...
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2004, 05:57:58 PM »
Let's put it this way:  the networks don't have any control over a large portion of the time period known as "Daytime."  The hours they don't have control over are generally taken up by talk shows, such as those mentioned above, that are bought by the affiliates.  If the networks tried to take back these hours, the affiliates would crucify them, because that's where they get a lot of their money.  That leaves nearly nothing but soap to replace with game shows -- and if they took those off, the viewers would crucify them.

In short, this is nowhere near as simple a subject as you're trying to make it.

Frank15

How would you revive...
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2004, 06:59:59 PM »
More syndicated gameshows could work, though.  Especially considering our WB and UPN affiliates pretty much have bottom-of-the-barrel type syndicated shows during the day--the other affiliates air "higher class" syndicated shows--the WB and UPN affiliates air junk that couldn't possibly get any worse than it is.  Certainly syndicated gameshows would be better than the gunk on these two affiliates now....

So instead of trying to bring back network TV gameshows, how about more, improved syndicated ones?  Seems reasonable enough an idea to me....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 07:00:17 PM by Frank15 »

tommycharles

How would you revive...
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2004, 07:04:10 PM »
I know this is going off topic kinda, but this is something I've always wondered: what is the FCC regulation as far as how much time a network can control? If, for example, every CBS station were to become O&O, and aired the same programming at the same time (bar local newscasts and adjusting for time zone differences), would it be breaking any rules?

sshuffield70

How would you revive...
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2004, 07:21:04 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 03:50 PM\'] No! What I'm saying is, what shows would you like to see on ABC daytime, CBS daytime, and NBC daytime? Here's an example:

"Now You See It" - CBS daytime
"Classic Concentration" & "$ale of the Century" - NBC daytime
"Whew!" - ABC daytime instead of CBS daytime

Now, do you understand what I mean? [/quote]
 The more you post here makes Zach Horan a friggin' saint.  And there's a bunch of people here who don't like him.  That's a very friggin' scary thought.