Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fun House Pilot  (Read 2437 times)

Rastaub

Fun House Pilot
« on: August 21, 2004, 11:13:59 PM »
I recently acquired a copy of the Fun House pilot episode. The announcer is not mentioned in the credit roll. Im thinking that it was John Harlan but am not toally sure. Can anyone here help me out as to who announced the pilot episode?  

Bob Staub

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Fun House Pilot
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 12:52:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Rastaub\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 10:13 PM\'] I recently acquired a copy of the Fun House pilot episode. The announcer is not mentioned in the credit roll. Im thinking that it was John Harlan but am not toally sure. Can anyone here help me out as to who announced the pilot episode?  

Bob Staub [/quote]
 Matt Kaiser's page (http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/5987/pilots.html) reports it was John Hurley, aka, Tiny.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dazztardly

Fun House Pilot
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 06:12:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Rastaub\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 10:13 PM\'] I recently acquired a copy of the Fun House pilot episode. The announcer is not mentioned in the credit roll. Im thinking that it was John Harlan but am not toally sure. Can anyone here help me out as to who announced the pilot episode?  

Bob Staub [/quote]
 Can you share any information on the format of the pilot, that you received?

-Dan

Rastaub

Fun House Pilot
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 11:57:24 AM »
As a reply, I am a huge Fun House fan, and it definitly was not Tiny. Typically Tiny would be seen during the intros and during this intro JD came out by himself.  I can say despite what Matt's page says, it wasnt Tiny.  

As to the game, there were 4 stunts instead of the standard 3, and the scoring was quite bizarre. Instead of awarding the usual points for winning the stunt, they awarded a dollar for each thing. For example stunt one was bobbing for bagels, and the red team won 3-2. So, after the 25 point question following the stunt, the score was 28-2.

The stunts were similar to your standard FH stunts with the possible exception of one stunt where they put together large blocks to make faces of celebs.  

The Grand Prix Race followed and was much the same. Then they went to the Fun House. This was the big difference, as since it was a pilot, the prizes were incredible. Plus getting the power prize meant you automatically won all the prizes. Also the cash tags didnt count toward the limit of tags the players grabbed.  

Also of note, JD scanned the tags via a bar code, which IMO was really neat. One of the contestants was Douglas Emerson (of early 90210 fame) who went on to compete on FH as a celeb the following year.

gshowguy

Fun House Pilot
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 02:18:25 PM »
Plus, if the team got the "Power Prize", the podium's scoreboards would reveal "POWER" on the gold team's scoreboard and "PRIZE" on the red team's scoreboard. If they didn't, Tiny's face would appear on the podium's monitor and say "Sorry!" It's a shame this "bar code" concept didn't make it to the actual series.

kidsplash

Fun House Pilot
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 03:01:40 PM »
Plus, if the team got the "Power Prize", the podium's scoreboards would reveal "POWER" on the gold team's scoreboard and "PRIZE" on the red team's scoreboard. If they didn't, Tiny's face would appear on the podium's monitor and say "Sorry!" It's a shame this "bar code" concept didn't make it to the actual series

Actually on the pilot, after the fun house run, JD scanned the tags to find out the prices of the prizes and one tag would reveal a price of $25,000, which meant it was the power prize.