Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More of the best & worst  (Read 4882 times)

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« on: August 22, 2004, 12:19:51 PM »
Here's some more of the "Best & Worst":

Host:

BEST: Bill Cullen, Bob Barker, Marc Summers, all the legends. They defined the term "game show".

WORST: Patrick Wayne (thank God I remembered to turn the mute on when I saw his episodes so that I wouldn't have to hear him yelling "YOU'RE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!", or "YOU BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!", or "YOU WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!")

Set:

BEST: Classic Concentration. It has one of the most flashy sets ever, and those palm trees are cute to add.

WORST: Shop 'Til You Drop '03. That looks like it took place in Costco!

Announcer:

BEST: Johnny Olson, Gene Wood, Johnny Gilbert, Charlie O'Donnell, all the legends.

WORST: Daniel Rosen. He sounds like an overly-peppy version of Burton Richardson.

Contestant:

BEST: Michael Larson, Thom McKee, Virginia from the Aussie $otC, and all the millionaires from "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire". They were geniuses. Pure geniuses. I'd give an honorable mention to Trevor Sauer from the Aussie WWtBaM after reading about him.

WORST: Nana Joy from the Aussie TPiR (who the f**k would think $745 is between $31,600 and $31,700?! Or is it because she's too old?). Dishonorable mention: Tom from WoF in 2001. Why he would go from low-key to overly-hyper after winning a new car in the bonus round is beyond me. I'd also add "Dr. Obnoxious" himself, Kurt Warkenthien, to the list, because of what he was on WWtBaM in 2000.

Share your ideas here. And no, I am not reviving another forum. This is seperate.

adamjk

More of the best & worst
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 12:52:31 PM »
WORST: Nana Joy from the Aussie TPiR (who the f**k would think $745 is between $31,600 and $31,700?! Or is it because she's too old?). Dishonorable mention: Tom from WoF in 2001. Why he would go from low-key to overly-hyper after winning a new car in the bonus round is beyond me. I'd also add "Dr. Obnoxious" himself, Kurt Warkenthien, to the list, because of what he was on WWtBaM in 2000.

This has been said before, but sometimes when you are on television, with millions of people watching at home and in the audience, sometimes your brain goes to mush, to where you can't think straight. This has been seen on many shows over the years, from Price, to Family Feud, to Wheel of Fortune etc.

As for your other person, maybe because he was excited?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 12:52:50 PM by adamjk »

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »
That could be it. That could be the reason why ol' Reege called Kurt "Dr. Obnoxious".

adamjk

More of the best & worst
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 02:18:32 PM »
I was speaking about Tom on Wheel of Fortune

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 02:19:35 PM »
Oh... now I get it. It could be because he was excited.

calliaume

More of the best & worst
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 09:31:59 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 22 2004, 11:19 AM\'] Here's some more of the "Best & Worst":

Host:

BEST: Bill Cullen, Bob Barker, Marc Summers, all the legends. They defined the term "game show".

[/quote]
 Marc Summers?  I mean, he's a nice, bright guy and ran his shows well, but I can't put him in the same group with Cullen and Barker.

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 09:13:29 AM »
Well, at least I could.

Steve Gavazzi

More of the best & worst
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 09:32:55 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 09:13 AM\'] Well, at least I could. [/quote]
 Well, apparently, you could do a lot of things that the rest of us don't agree with.

Don Howard

More of the best & worst
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 09:36:27 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 08:13 AM\'] Well, at least I could. [/quote]
 You'd put Laurie Faso in there, too.

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 09:37:46 AM »
Why would I put him in here? He only hosted "I'm Telling!" for just a year. So the answer to your question is no.

zachhoran

More of the best & worst
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 09:40:34 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 08:37 AM\'] Why would I put him in here? He only hosted "I'm Telling!" for just a year. So the answer to your question is no. [/quote]
 Don probably was recalling MY putting Laurie Faso on a pedestal in 1996-97 upon our talks of less-than-stellar shows and hosts which I'm Telling and LF both were.

Don Howard

More of the best & worst
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 09:40:48 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 08:37 AM\'] Why would I put him in here? He only hosted "I'm Telling!" for just a year. So the answer to your question is no. [/quote]
 Well, at least I would.

dzinkin

More of the best & worst
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 09:58:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 09:36 AM\'] You'd put Laurie Faso in there, too. [/quote]
 Personally, I think his career went downhill after "Marlo and the Magic Movie Machine."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More of the best & worst
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 11:40:29 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 06:40 AM\'] Don probably was recalling MY putting Laurie Faso on a pedestal in 1996-97 upon our talks of less-than-stellar shows and hosts which I'm Telling and LF both were. [/quote]
 Yes, because we all study and memorize EVERY SINGLE post you make, in case we want to "recall" it later.

Jesus, Zach, get the hell over yourself. More often than not we try to FORGET that you post, much less remember them for later.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More of the best & worst
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 11:41:55 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 06:37 AM\'] Why would I put him in here? [/quote]
 Must....control....acid....fingers....
He only hosted "I'm Telling!" for just a year. So the answer to your question is no.
If this isn't a VA-RRRROOOOOOOMMM! moment, I dunno what is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe