Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Different game show idea  (Read 2355 times)

adamjk

Different game show idea
« on: August 26, 2004, 10:45:34 AM »
I was watching this talk like show about video games on G4/tech tv, where people call in asking questions about games and such, and it gave me an idea. What if someone did a show a similar about game shows? Someone really involved in the game show business could host, and people could call in asking questions about the game show world. Also, every show there would a different game show personality in studio, and people could call in and ask him or her questions.

Also, each show one show currently not on the air could be chosen to be subject of a revival idea. Again, people could call in and state ideas as to how they would revive the show.

Of course the show, would also talk about the news going on in the game show world. One thing I liked from the show I watched was this believe me or don't little game, where people would call in and this guy would say something about video games, and the person had to say believe me or don't. If right they won a prize. I could see something similar done on my show. Of course the prizes would have to be a trip to see a taping of some game show.

That's my idea. What do you guys think?

aaron sica

Different game show idea
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:59:08 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 10:45 AM\'] I was watching this talk like show about video games on G4/tech tv, where people call in asking questions about games and such, and it gave me an idea. What if someone did a show a similar about game shows? Someone really involved in the game show business could host, and people could call in asking questions about the game show world. Also, every show there would a different game show personality in studio, and people could call in and ask him or her questions.

Also, each show one show currently not on the air could be chosen to be subject of a revival idea. Again, people could call in and state ideas as to how they would revive the show.

Of course the show, would also talk about the news going on in the game show world. One thing I liked from the show I watched was this believe me or don't little game, where people would call in and this guy would say something about video games, and the person had to say believe me or don't. If right they won a prize. I could see something similar done on my show. Of course the prizes would have to be a trip to see a taping of some game show.

That's my idea. What do you guys think? [/quote]
 Actually, Adam, they kinda sorta did that in 1997 with GSN's "Game TV" on Fridays when they had Fred "Mr. Game Show" Wostbrock on, IIRC....

Gshowguy would probably love the revival segment; they'd probably put his # on callblock, though, after the first couple of times ;)

adamjk

Different game show idea
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 11:06:52 AM »
Oh I forgot about Game TV. Never saw it though. Didn't have the network then.

J.R.

Different game show idea
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 02:44:37 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 09:59 AM\']
Gshowguy would probably love the revival segment; they'd probably put his # on callblock, though, after the first couple of times ;) [/quote]
 Only if the Topic of the Day was "International verions of Wheel of Fortune".

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

adamjk

Different game show idea
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 02:56:35 PM »
Or just international game shows period.