Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show bloopers  (Read 27812 times)

uncamark

Game show bloopers
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2004, 04:47:09 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:11 AM\']Here's a few more from me:

Mark Thompson calling Michael Smith "Michelle" on Greed[/quote]
That wasn't Mark Thompson who *initially* did it--it was Burton Richardson, who warmed up the first show and was supposed to announce it until Fox wanted someone else.  But since the incident was so funny, it was left in and Thompson did the same gaffe when recording the voice-overs in post.

IIRC, Thompson didn't do warm-ups or was ever on-set--his work was always added in post.  Corrections appreciated.

Jimmy Owen

Game show bloopers
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2004, 05:17:25 PM »
So Mark "recreated" the blooper.  Shades of Kermit Schafer.  I was so disillusioned when I found out most of the "bloopers" I had on a record as a kid were recreations.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

adamjk

Game show bloopers
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2004, 05:29:29 PM »
Shades of Kermit Schafer

Would that be Ross Schafer's infamous Match Game fall, that you are talking about?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game show bloopers
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2004, 05:47:57 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 02:29 PM\']
Shades of Kermit Schafer

Would that be Ross Schafer's infamous Match Game fall, that you are talking about? [/quote]
 No, it wouldn't be.

Do a Google search on "Kermit Schafer" and see what you find. You might learn something.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Game show bloopers
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2004, 05:51:14 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 04:29 PM\']
Shades of Kermit Schafer

Would that be Ross Schafer's infamous Match Game fall, that you are talking about? [/quote]
 No. Kermit Schafer is the guy who first came up with marketing "Bloopers." There was a series of record albums that he compiled way back when with many recreations of bloopers.  There was also an R-rated movie in the mid 70's that K-Tel distributed to theaters called "Pardon My Blooper."  From there Dick Clark and Ed McMahon took the ball and ran with it.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

Game show bloopers
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2004, 05:56:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 05:51 PM\'] From there Dick Clark and Ed McMahon took the ball and ran with it. [/quote]
 Didn't every "TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes" make a mention of him at the end of every show during the credit roll? (I'm thinking something along the lines of "In Memory of Kermit Schaefer..")

aaron sica

Game show bloopers
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2004, 05:57:43 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 05:29 PM\']
Shades of Kermit Schafer

No, they are two different people.

Adam, I beg of you, please read very carefully before you post. It will help cut down on your reputation....

adamjk

Game show bloopers
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2004, 06:00:29 PM »
Well how was I supposed to know who Kermit Schafer was?

rigsby

Game show bloopers
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2004, 06:03:31 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 05:00 PM\'] Well how was I supposed to know who Kermit Schafer was? [/quote]
By researching it.

ObGS:  Kermit Schafer's 1975 book "Bloopers, Bloopers, Bloopers" listed a couple of GS-related incidents:

1)  Match Game '74:  "'Breasts' seems to be the answer; Fannie, let's see yours."  

2)  Jackpot:  "First you make the sale, then you open my drawers.  What am I?"  "A hooker!"  "A cash register--you louse!"

I know GSN has run MG into the ground. but I don't remember ever seeing that particular quote.  Anyone remember this?  (I won't bother asking about Jackpot, since it hasn't been run anywhere in a long time, or at least the version referenced here.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 06:09:05 PM by rigsby »

aaron sica

Game show bloopers
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2004, 06:09:12 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 06:00 PM\'] Well how was I supposed to know who Kermit Schafer was? [/quote]
 I'm not calling you on the fact that you didn't know who Kermit Schaefer was; I'm calling you on your response to him.

When the comment "Shades of Kermit Schaefer" was made, your response was:

"Would that be Ross Schafer's infamous Match Game fall, that you are talking about?"

I'm calling you on the fact that if you had read more carefully (something you really need to do, BTW), you would have seen that it was KERMIT Schaefer that was mentioned, and not Ross.

aaron sica

Game show bloopers
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2004, 06:12:57 PM »
In an article I have from the Jan. 17-23, 1981 issue of TVG (Paging Jimmy Owen!!), there is an article in there about game shows......I forget the title of it (Jimmy can help)....anyway, in the article, I remember reading this:

There was an episode of Cross-Wits where the clue was four letters, Jack Clark read the clue: "I am one", and the contestant answered "Homo".....

adamjk

Game show bloopers
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2004, 06:14:51 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 05:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 06:00 PM\'] Well how was I supposed to know who Kermit Schafer was? [/quote]
I'm not calling you on the fact that you didn't know who Kermit Schaefer was; I'm calling you on your response to him.

When the comment "Shades of Kermit Schaefer" was made, your response was:

"Would that be Ross Schafer's infamous Match Game fall, that you are talking about?"

I'm calling you on the fact that if you had read more carefully (something you really need to do, BTW), you would have seen that it was KERMIT Schaefer that was mentioned, and not Ross. [/quote]
 I did realize that it said Kermit Schafer. I wasn't sure if that was an actual name, or just a nickname for Ross during the incident. That's all.

Kevin Prather

Game show bloopers
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2004, 06:16:23 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:03 PM\'] 1)  Match Game '74:  "'Breasts' seems to be the answer; Fannie, let's see yours."  

I know GSN has run MG into the ground. but I don't remember ever seeing that particular quote.  Anyone remember this? [/quote]
 This was from the question "The big bad worf said, 'I just came from a house where this old lady had the biggest blanks I've ever saw!'", to which the contestant emphatically said "Boobs!", leading the celebrities to walk off the stage.

The episode was aired in the Match Game GSN marathon last summer, and I trust it has aired other times.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game show bloopers
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2004, 07:03:58 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:00 PM\'] Well how was I supposed to know who Kermit Schafer was? [/quote]
Did you even read my post? Obviously not.

Two words: Goo Gle.
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:14 PM\']I did realize that it said Kermit Schafer. I wasn't sure if that was an actual name, or just a nickname for Ross during the incident. That's all. [/quote]
I have to know.

What in GOD'S name is the train of thought that would lead you to such an incredibly DUMB-ASS notion?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 07:14:17 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

Game show bloopers
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2004, 07:37:13 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 04:29 PM\']
Shades of Kermit Schafer

You're precious. Please never leave us.