Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Premiere Dates?  (Read 6256 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Premiere Dates?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004, 09:12:22 PM »
TV GUIDE is also trumpeting it in next week's edition as being Ken's return.  BTW, while I don't mind being spoiled (hell, that's pretty much how I watched what little I did of the Olympics), some people on this board from the Chicago area *might* be since WLS-TV is running J! at 11:05PM Labor Day night (ABC Sports is doing a golf tournament that day, and J! normally airs here at 3:30 CT).

Just some food for thought (like one or two people here are going to take heed anyway :-) ).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 12:31:42 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 08:12 PM\']TV GUIDE is also trumpeting it in next week's edition as being Ken's return.  BTW, while I don't mind being spoiled (hell, that's pretty much how I watched what little I did of the Olympics), some people on this board from the Chicago area *might* be since WLS-TV is running J! at 11:05PM Labor Day night (ABC Sports is doing a golf tournament that day, and J! normally airs here at 3:30 CT).

Just some food for thought (like one or two people here are going to take heed anyway :-) ).[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up, Doug--but wouldn't be 1:05 a.m., after Kimmel?  WLS can't touch that Oprah rerun, you know.

SRIV94

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 03:52:54 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 11:31 AM\'] Thanks for the heads up, Doug--but wouldn't be 1:05 a.m., after Kimmel?  WLS can't touch that Oprah rerun, you know. [/quote]
 Actually, Mark, per Titantv.com (and next week's TV GUIDE), they're running it before NIGHTLINE.  ABC also has the Florida State/Miami-Fla. football game Monday night, so WLS is planning to run J! after the news (whenever it winds up being) and delay NIGHTLINE, the OPRAH reair and KIMMEL.

I can't hyperlink the show information box from here, but it's accessible from here.

Doug
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Premiere Dates?
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 04:51:40 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 12:52 PM\'] ABC also has the Florida State/Miami-Fla. football game Monday night, [/quote]
 That's bizarre. Do they always play this early in the season? You'd think they would save that for Rivalry Week.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004, 05:50:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 03:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 12:52 PM\'] ABC also has the Florida State/Miami-Fla. football game Monday night, [/quote]
That's bizarre. Do they always play this early in the season? You'd think they would save that for Rivalry Week. [/quote]
 Now that they're conference rivals, ABC wanted to move up the game to give the ACC a national "showcase" game (in the recent past they've played the first or second week in October).

ObGameshows:  A certain show (of which I attended a taping in June) is noted for its showcases.

Doug
Doug

SRIV94

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 05:00:32 PM »
This just in--the Florida State/Miami game has been rescheduled for Friday, September 10 (due to concerns regarding Hurricane Frances).  So I guess this means WLS will air J! at 10:35PM Monday rather than 11:05 (it's still being bumped from its 3:30 CT slot Monday because of ABC's coverage of the Deutsche Bank U.S. Golf Championship).

Doug
Doug

gameshowguy2000

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 07:20:02 PM »
Well, in Season 20's start, the first week was regular shows, with the next week after that being the Back-To-School week.

tmq800

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 07:38:11 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 04:00 PM\'] This just in--the Florida State/Miami game has been rescheduled for Friday, September 10 (due to concerns regarding Hurricane Frances).  So I guess this means WLS will air J! at 10:35PM Monday rather than 11:05 (it's still being bumped from its 3:30 CT slot Monday because of ABC's coverage of the Deutsche Bank U.S. Golf Championship).

Doug [/quote]

It looks like the ABC stations on the west coast will finally get to see the season premieres of J! and Wheel next Monday September 6th!  And the Bay Area and LA won't miss one single episode of Ken Jennings!

sshuffield70

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 08:27:48 PM »
[quote name=\'the dimwitted\' date=\' horizontally and vertically challenged.....oh who cares......,Sep 2 2004, 06:38 PM\']It looks like the ABC stations on the west coast will finally get to see the season premieres of J! and Wheel next Monday September 6th!  And the Bay Area and LA won't miss one single episode of Ken Jennings! [/quote]
And.........you must not have known that football will start the following week.   And.....now you know why no one here ever takes you seriously.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 08:30:32 PM by sshuffield70 »

tmq800

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 09:19:01 PM »
Well, the college football game scheduled for Monday has been postponed, so we know that the ABC stations will air J! and Wheel on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week from 7-8 pm.

Also I get J! and Wheel on KSBW at the same time, if their reception is good.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Premiere Dates?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2004, 09:48:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 06:19 PM\'] Well, the college football game scheduled for Monday has been postponed, so we know that the ABC stations will air J! and Wheel on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week from 7-8 pm.

Also I get J! and Wheel on KSBW at the same time, if their reception is good. [/quote]
 Does that mean you won't be pestering us for a recap?

(Actually, look at that as a directive. You WON'T be pestering us for a recap.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tmq800

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2004, 10:09:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 08:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 06:19 PM\'] Well, the college football game scheduled for Monday has been postponed, so we know that the ABC stations will air J! and Wheel on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week from 7-8 pm.

Also I get J! and Wheel on KSBW at the same time, if their reception is good. [/quote]

(Actually, look at that as a directive. You WON'T be pestering us for a recap.) [/quote]

Unless the following happens:

Steve Beverly doesn't do a Wheel update by 5 pm PT.

The over-the-air reception on KSBW is very weak.

ABC Saturday late college football games (4 pm PT kickoff) preempt Wheel if the game goes into overtime.

And by the fall season:

The presidential debates that will preempt Wheel on the west coast, and the election coverage November 2.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:10:51 PM by tmq800 »

adamjk

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2004, 10:14:53 PM »
You know, just a word of advice, pestering people for recaps is not the best way to make friends around here. (That's not to say I've been a saint either, but I digress). Besides, you shouldn't need to. Most of the time the recaps are here pretty quickly anyhow. If not, just wait patiently. If for some reason, you are unable to see the recaps, then that's just the way it's gonna be. You miss a show or recap, it's not the end of the world. Lord knows we've all missed many. The sooner you realize and understand that the better.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:16:31 PM by adamjk »

zachhoran

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2004, 10:16:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 09:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 08:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 06:19 PM\'] Well, the college football game scheduled for Monday has been postponed, so we know that the ABC stations will air J! and Wheel on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week from 7-8 pm.

(Actually, look at that as a directive. You WON'T be pestering us for a recap.) [/quote]

Unless the following happens:

Steve Beverly doesn't do a Wheel update by 5 pm PT.

ABC Saturday late college football games (4 pm PT kickoff) preempt Wheel if the game goes into overtime.

The presidential debates that will preempt Wheel on the west coast, and the election coverage November 2. [/quote]
 Steve doesn't normally do his updates until the day after, at least for Wheel.

The Saturday Wheel episodes are reruns from the previous season.

The presidential election is more important than a game show, much as some think Bush and/or Kerry are chuckleheads.

Ask someone in e-mail for the update rather than do it here, then you're less likely to get flamed, Tmq. Someone will do J! updates most days, at least while Ken is still there(I do them some days at or around 7:30 after J! airs in Philly)

SRIV94

Premiere Dates?
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2004, 10:17:31 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 09:09 PM\'] ABC Saturday late college football games (4 pm PT kickoff) preempt Wheel if the game goes into overtime.
 [/quote]
Great.  So you're going to pester us for recaps of reruns as well.

In the words of that noted cartoon character, the Aardvark, in the classic 1969 short Technology Phooey:  "I could say something right here, but it would only be censored."

EDIT:  Dang it, Zach, you couldn't have waited two more minutes so I could've gotten this retort in?

Doug
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:18:58 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug