Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Ken More Often  (Read 2066 times)

uncamark

More Ken More Often
« on: September 07, 2004, 03:25:48 PM »
First of all, in this week's Time magazine Jamie Malanowski offers a humorous peek into the future of The Man Who Can't Be Beat.  For those of you who thought they were trying a pull a fast one on Ken yesterday...

And Scott D. Pierce, the TV critic for the Church of Latter Day Saints-owned Deseret Morning News, wonders why people are making such a big deal over Ken's religion.

Steve Gavazzi

More Ken More Often
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 07:51:14 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 03:25 PM\'] And Scott D. Pierce, the TV critic for the Church of Latter Day Saints-owned Deseret Morning News, wonders why people are making such a big deal over Ken's religion. [/quote]
 They are?

Matt Ottinger

More Ken More Often
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:16:33 PM »
The TIME humor article has a great last gag!

By the way, in the category of tooting my own horn, the Salt Lake Tribune writer who drew the Ken Jennings beat is apparently running out of new angles, so he's resorted to interviewing big losers:

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/ci_2407866
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tommycharles

More Ken More Often
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:26:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 09:16 PM\'] the Salt Lake Tribune writer who drew the Ken Jennings beat is apparently running out of new angles, so he's resorted to interviewing big losers:

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/ci_2407866 [/quote]
 Yeah, it comes to something when they have to interview Beverly ;-)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
More Ken More Often
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 11:33:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 10:26 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 09:16 PM\'] the Salt Lake Tribune writer who drew the Ken Jennings beat is apparently running out of new angles, so he's resorted to interviewing big losers:

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/ci_2407866 [/quote]
Yeah, it comes to something when they have to interview Beverly ;-) [/quote]
 The link for some reason doesn't work for me, but Stosh (if I may be so bold as to call him that--I don't him as well as some of you) was also interviewed in the USA TODAY piece (I linked it in a previous post [on Page 2 of this board as of 9/7/04 at 10:30PM CT], so no need to do so again).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)