Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Woolery Interview  (Read 2188 times)

KWJCDon

Chuck Woolery Interview
« on: September 07, 2004, 04:07:02 PM »
Hi Everyone...

Here's a little something I read today in one of our local newspapers in the Keys. It's an interview with Chuck Woolery and they discuss his fiching lure and his gameshows.

Click Here!  (Hope I did that right!)

Enjoy,
Don

Survived Charley and Frances and here comes Ivan...

CaseyAbell

Chuck Woolery Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 04:20:09 PM »
Well, once upon a time Lingo was the number one show on GSN, so we'll cut Chuck some slack on that one. The interviewer omitted Chuck's marital problems on Naturally Stoned. In fact, I don't know if the interviewer was even aware of the issue. He didn't sound overly clue-ful. Just for once, though, it would be interesting to get a full discussion of such genuine reality intruding on a "reality" show.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 04:22:04 PM by CaseyAbell »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Chuck Woolery Interview
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 04:31:36 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 03:20 PM\'] Well, once upon a time Lingo was the number one show on GSN, so we'll cut Chuck some slack on that one. The interviewer omitted Chuck's marital problems on Naturally Stoned. In fact, I don't know if the interviewer was even aware of the issue. He didn't sound overly clue-ful. Just for once, though, it would be interesting to get a full discussion of such genuine reality intruding on a "reality" show. [/quote]
 Not that its any of your damn business to begin with.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

CaseyAbell

Chuck Woolery Interview
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 04:39:41 PM »
Oh jeesh, I don't care about the details of Woolery's marital problems. I don't even know if he's divorced, legally separated, or reconciled with his wife. But it would be interesting to hear how his personal issues interacted with the "reality" series that unfortunately coincided with them.

Chuck tiptoes around the subject in the interview. But you can sense some of the emotion he felt over having his personal life - in however edited and and superficial and possibly misleading form - on teevee at exactly the wrong time. "Mixed reviews from me," etc. I just wish the interview had explored all this a little more, but the interviewer sounds clueless on the whole subject.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 04:48:29 PM by CaseyAbell »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chuck Woolery Interview
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 04:45:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 01:31 PM\'] Not that its any of your damn business to begin with. [/quote]
 Dunno that I agree.

GSN goes to Woolery, sez "We'll pay you X to follow you around with a camera and record your daily life."

Last I heard, the checks came back cancelled.

If GSN is going to do a reality TV show based on Chuck Woolery's personal and family life away from game shows, and marital troubles are a part of that family life, ESPECIALLY if they stemmed as a result of taping the show (I don't know if they did or not), then it's a rather glaring omission not to include them in the program, if they're going to claim that what they are showing me is in fact "reality".
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Chuck Woolery Interview
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 04:48:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 03:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 01:31 PM\'] Not that its any of your damn business to begin with. [/quote]
Dunno that I agree.

[/quote]
 I should expand my point further to say that I think the idea was a piss-poor one to begin with...and if I'm not mistaken, the ratings would agree.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

CaseyAbell

Chuck Woolery Interview
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 04:52:53 PM »
As reality series go, I didn't mind Naturally Stoned at all. Chuck seemed much more alert and likeable then so many of the brain-dead subjects of these shows.

The narration needed to be seriously de-snarked...though to be fair, the treatment of Woolery's marital problems on the final show was pretty tactful.

Can't argue about the ratings. But Naturally Stoned had a lot of company in Nielsen's doghouse at the time. GSN's numbers in general really hit the dumpster in the second and third quarters of 2003.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 06:02:13 PM by CaseyAbell »