Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndicated Wheel  (Read 3649 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Syndicated Wheel
« on: September 08, 2004, 07:46:50 PM »
At the very beginning, was the only change the $5,000 space in round four, along with the upgrade in prizes?  

I ask because I would think that they'd make a few changes to distinguish the nighttime show from the concurrently running daytime one).  

Second, was the change to the enormous bonus prizes brought on with the cash format, then toned down when the three-day limit was put in?

Wow, I miss the good old days when the show was still watchable.  Those ships have sailed, sadly.
Travis L. Eberle

adamjk

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 07:51:21 PM »
not sure about the first question, but the big prizes did come with the all cash format, and was indeed toned down with the introduction of the 3 day limit in 1989.

zachhoran

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 08:13:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 06:46 PM\'] At the very beginning, was the only change the $5,000 space in round four, along with the upgrade in prizes?  

[/quote]
 $5K was indeed on the round three-and-higher wheel from the outset of the syndie run(round four-and-higher when the all-cash format began). The round one wheel had $750 as the top value early in the run, then soon that changed to $1000. The round two wheel had the special prize(which ranged from $500 in cash to a $30K Cadillac during the shopping era), it was not retained on the wheel after that as is the case these days.

At some point in season two, some of the round one wheel dollar values were upgraded, i.e. the $100 next to Free spin changed to $700, the $175 next to the $750 was changed to $800, and the $200 space three away from Lose a Turn was changed to $900.

tvwxman

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 09:16:32 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 06:51 PM\'] not sure about the first question, but the big prizes did come with the all cash format, and was indeed toned down with the introduction of the 3 day limit in 1989. [/quote]
Wrong. Again.

Big prizes were always there at night (the cash prize was not)...There was always a SUPER-costly prize or two, big enough for bonus-land, or a really successful 3rd round win....

Often,  when they would break between solving the puzzle and reading off the prize purchase list, the break would give them time to set up camera shots for the big prizes in the backstage (the car or boat, for example).

Adam, if you don't know the correct answer for sure, DON'T TYPE. Your biggest problem here is that you're constantly trying to pass yourself off as a knowledgeable expert to others here. You clearly aren't.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 09:17:38 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

adamjk

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 09:26:17 PM »
Well I was going by what I knew from the syndie run. I didn't realize the big prizes were always there. I can understand you correcting me, and I appreciate that, but you don't need to belittle me every time I screw up. We're all human beings. We all make mistakes. Some (myself included), may make more mistakes then others, but that gives you no right to belittle me. All you had to do was correct me, and move on

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 10:01:39 PM »
I think we've had a misunderstanding.

Adam's response about the 'big prizes' was in the bonus round.  In the early going you could pick from the standard car, boat, jewelry, trip, and so forth.  I was asking when the change was made to where the bonus round offered the $25,000, motorhomes, expensive luxury and sports cars, cabin cruisers, along with other uh, less-desirable prizes.  I was aware that the shopping round had more expensive stuff than was available on NBC at the time.

I think it would be a good idea to be more specific when posting.  Don't just do one-line responses that can be misinterpreted like this, and set off a nasty chain reaction.  Adam, thank you for your assistance, but Matt is also right, DO NOT post unless you are absolutely sure that you're right.  If you're just guessing, or just wrong, we will know, and we're past the point where you get a newbie crutch, you WILL be flamed to a crunchy crisp.  You know this.  You are not going to convince us to not do it.

Keep that in mind.
Travis L. Eberle

dzinkin

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 10:14:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 10:01 PM\'] I think we've had a misunderstanding.

Adam's response about the 'big prizes' was in the bonus round.  In the early going you could pick from the standard car, boat, jewelry, trip, and so forth.  I was asking when the change was made to where the bonus round offered the $25,000, motorhomes, expensive luxury and sports cars, cabin cruisers, along with other uh, less-desirable prizes.  I was aware that the shopping round had more expensive stuff than was available on NBC at the time.

I think it would be a good idea to be more specific when posting.  Don't just do one-line responses that can be misinterpreted like this, and set off a nasty chain reaction.  Adam, thank you for your assistance, but Matt is also right, DO NOT post unless you are absolutely sure that you're right.  If you're just guessing, or just wrong, we will know, and we're past the point where you get a newbie crutch, you WILL be flamed to a crunchy crisp.  You know this.  You are not going to convince us to not do it.

Keep that in mind. [/quote]
 I should clarify here that "flaming to a crunchy crisp" is not, in fact, permitted here; if it happens, appropriate disciplinary measures will be taken.

That said, Travis's words are still appropriate, given that Adam has decided that any criticism of his actions is flaming.  Adam, you need to take more care with your posts; if you continue to speak to matters about which you are uninformed, people will respond with criticism.  That's true here and everywhere else.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 03:41:02 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 09:14 PM\'] I should clarify here that "flaming to a crunchy crisp" is not, in fact, permitted here.

[/quote]
 I thought that was the official cereal of the GSC.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 12:27:48 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 09:01 PM\'] I think we've had a misunderstanding.

Adam's response about the 'big prizes' was in the bonus round.  In the early going you could pick from the standard car, boat, jewelry, trip, and so forth.  I was asking when the change was made to where the bonus round offered the $25,000, motorhomes, expensive luxury and sports cars, cabin cruisers, along with other uh, less-desirable prizes.  I was aware that the shopping round had more expensive stuff than was available on NBC at the time. [/quote]
 I've noticed (and this was an observation) that before the shopping format was dropped, the prize budget was around $100,000. Once the shopping format was dropped in 1987-88, the prize budget didn't run that much over $150,000. Once the 3-day limit was imposed, the budget shot up to around $240,000! Now, every day that someone had won a prize, that number did decrease, depennding if that prize was actually expensive.

That brings me to this: did they mention the prize budget on the CBS version? Or even, when did they drop that money figure in the syndie run?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 12:35:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 09:27 PM\'] That brings me to this: did they mention the prize budget on the CBS version? Or even, when did they drop that money figure in the syndie run? [/quote]
 I _think_ it went out the window with the switch to the cash format...the spiel at the top changed from "Over $XX,XXX just waiting to be won tonight, on Wheel Of Fortune!" to "A fortune in cash and prizes just waiting to be won tonight..." and, later, "...and here's your host and hostess, Pat Sajak and Vanna White!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 01:05:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 03:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 09:14 PM\'] I should clarify here that "flaming to a crunchy crisp" is not, in fact, permitted here.

[/quote]
I thought that was the official cereal of the GSC. [/quote]
 I thought the official cereal of the GSC was stale Krispy Kremes broken into small pieces.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 02:05:06 AM »
To recap:
SYN: 750-1000-5000, with a big prize that could make the game broken in round two, reasonably good bonus prizes, no returning champs.

Daytime 750-1000-2000, no wheel prizes, decent bonus prizes, returning champs up to five days.

Have I got it right?
Travis L. Eberle

bandit_bobby

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 07:02:23 AM »
It's three days man on Daytime.

uncamark

Syndicated Wheel
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 12:10:50 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 06:02 AM\']It's three days man on Daytime.[/quote]
Initially five days, reduced to three days in the late 70s by alleged viewer demand.