Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick question that just popped into my head...  (Read 2140 times)

SamJ93

Quick question that just popped into my head...
« on: September 11, 2004, 03:01:50 PM »
When did the board game "Outburst" come out?  Was it before or after the one-season run of "Talkabout" (not to mention a few years of reruns on USA)?  Since both games have somewhat similar gameplay (category is given, rattle off items and uncover the ones that are on the list), was it at all possible that one could have been based off the other?

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 07:25:41 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Sep 11 2004, 02:01 PM\'] When did the board game "Outburst" come out?  Was it before or after the one-season run of "Talkabout" (not to mention a few years of reruns on USA)?  Since both games have somewhat similar gameplay (category is given, rattle off items and uncover the ones that are on the list), was it at all possible that one could have been based off the other?

--Sam [/quote]
 I remember seeing Outburst profiled in Games Magazine in one of the annual Games 100 issues(where the staff of the magazine pick 100 games, usually those that came out that year, and have a contest where someone can win all the games as the grand prize) c. 1987 or 1988. So, it would have predated Talkabout. THe USA reruns on the other hand, only lasted for six months(June-December 1993)

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 01:35:17 AM »
Outburst had it's first copyright notice issued in 1986. Interesting as to "what influienced what", as I've always thought of Outburst as "Family Feud on speed."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 01:37:12 AM by The Ol' Guy »