Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosts in tuxedos  (Read 4575 times)

Neumms

Hosts in tuxedos
« on: September 30, 2004, 03:45:08 PM »
Jim Lange had to wear the goofy tuxes. So did Geoff Edwards. Jim Peck had to have the goofy hair like they did. So has anyone ever heard how Bob Eubanks got around the apparent mid-70s Barris Rules for Hosts?

uncamark

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 04:29:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 02:45 PM\']Jim Lange had to wear the goofy tuxes. So did Geoff Edwards. Jim Peck had to have the goofy hair like they did. So has anyone ever heard how Bob Eubanks got around the apparent mid-70s Barris Rules for Hosts?
[snapback]59013[/snapback]
[/quote]

He probably just said to Barris, "I don't wear tuxes.  I like my hair the way it is."  Rather than try to find someone else who could do the show, Barris didn't do anything.  I have the feeling that Mike Metzger was running things on the 70s syndie "TNG" more than Barris was, anyway.

Jimmy Owen

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 07:23:53 PM »
There is a pic of Bob in a tux in the EOTVGS 1, under the "Everybody's Talking" entry on pg. 155 along with fellow penguins Dick Stewart, Lloyd Thaxton and Jim Lange.  Bob's bow tie is under his collar, tho.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

irismason42

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 06:34:54 AM »
Also, I remember Gene Rayburn wearing a tuxedo on some Match Game '74 shows and I remember Richard Dawson wearing a tux on all special celebrity weeks on Family Feud and Pat Sajak wore a tux on the 3,000th nighttime episode as an all clips special.

zachhoran

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 08:02:26 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 05:34 AM\']
Also, I remember Gene Rayburn wearing a tuxedo on some Match Game '74 shows and I remember Richard Dawson wearing a tux on all special celebrity weeks on Family Feud and Pat Sajak wore a tux on the 3,000th nighttime episode as an all clips special.

WInk Martindale wore a tux on some Debt episodes, no?

Ian Wallis

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 08:58:51 AM »
He probably just said to Barris, "I don't wear tuxes. I like my hair the way it is." Rather than try to find someone else who could do the show, Barris didn't do anything.

On one of those clips specials from the distant past, Bob once said "if you ever see me in a suit, someone's paying me a LOT of money!"
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 10:05:55 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 07:02 AM\']
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 05:34 AM\']

[snapback]59128[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought he wore it on all the Debt episodes. Sometimes, he wore a tacky vest as well.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 10:17:09 AM »

I thought he wore it on all the Debt episodes. Sometimes, he wore a tacky vest as well.

He wore a vest sans tux for the College Debt weeks.

uncamark

Hosts in tuxedos
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 12:07:31 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 05:34 AM\']Also, I remember Gene Rayburn wearing a tuxedo on some Match Game '74 shows and I remember Richard Dawson wearing a tux on all special celebrity weeks on Family Feud and Pat Sajak wore a tux on the 3,000th nighttime episode as an all clips special.
[snapback]59124[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wasn't a tux--it was a suit and he wore a bow tie instead of a four-in-hand.  Very 70s fashion statement.