Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Double Dare on GAS  (Read 3571 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Double Dare on GAS
« on: October 15, 2004, 02:30:25 PM »
While watching, it seemed that round 1 was from "Double Dare" (with the old set), round two was from "Super Sloppy", and the obstacle course was from the episode the show started with.
Did anyone else catch this?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ChuckNet

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 11:03:37 PM »
While watching, it seemed that round 1 was from "Double Dare" (with the old set), round two was from "Super Sloppy", and the obstacle course was from the episode the show started with.

I guess GSN's not the only network who looks to the primate sections of the San Diego Zoo for possible master control ops... :-)

Chuck DOnegan (Th eIllustrious "Chuckie Baby")

mystery7

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 11:20:42 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 11:03 PM\']I guess GSN's not the only network who looks to the primate sections of the San Diego Zoo for possible master control ops... :-)
[snapback]60976[/snapback]
[/quote]
HEY! I represent that remark!

Any takers for my job? My station's gonna be hiring soon.

GS Warehouse

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 12:21:24 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 11:03 PM\']I guess GSN's not the only network who looks to the primate sections of the San Diego Zoo for possible master control ops... :-)
[/quote]
Well, at least we don't have worry about these two networks outsourcing jobs to cheap foreign labor.

tvwxman

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 06:36:43 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 11:21 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 11:03 PM\']I guess GSN's not the only network who looks to the primate sections of the San Diego Zoo for possible master control ops... :-)
[/quote]
Well, at least we don't have worry about these two networks outsourcing jobs to cheap foreign labor.
[snapback]60983[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, that's what ParkerVision is for.

(That's for you in the biz folk).
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

rugrats1

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 10:16:27 PM »
Practically, the entire Nick organisation is run by idiots -- during the last couple of years or so, the Nick family, the main channel in particular, had several problems regarding the shows they broadcasted, including showing the wrong program and abruptly going to the correct one; closing credits that were missing, inaccurate or stolen (yes, "stolen" -- the closing credits for Nick's presentation of "The Rugrats Movie" was lifted directly from IMDB.com); double episodes of the SAME episode; hosts throwing it to one show, but a different show was seen instead; and so on.

The Nickdisk board that I frequent ( http://emerald.bbboy.net/nickdisk ), is documented with lots of reports of these goof-ups.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 10:17:07 PM by rugrats1 »

rugrats1

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 11:48:37 PM »
Another GAS monkey report: According to Bryan at the aforementioned Nickdisk forum, "Figure It Out", which was part of the "Pumping GAS" block, ended early at 6:50PM ET tonight (10/16). With 10 minutes left until the start of the next program, what did GAS do? Started that next program, "Splash TV" early, at 6:50PM, instead of the scheduled 7PM.

Dbacksfan12

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 01:46:07 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 09:16 PM\']The Nickdisk board that I frequent ( http://emerald.bbboy.net/nickdisk ), is documented with lots of reports of these goof-ups.
[snapback]61065[/snapback]
[/quote]
Said board gave me a message that said I had to download the "180 degree" gaming software to access. Is there a way to circumvent this process?
--Mark

rugrats1

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 01:58:31 AM »
News to me -- you don't have to download anything. Just sign up with the board here:

http://emerald.bbboy.net/nickdisk-register?

(Make sure the question mark is in the address.)

Chances are, you got a pop-up window advertising the software.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 02:04:17 AM by rugrats1 »

mystery7

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 02:02:48 AM »
Mark, turn your popup blocker back on - or download Google's if you don't have one. My toolbar did intercept a popup, but I got to the board fine.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 02:29:20 AM »
Personally, I'd tell the guy to get rid of the damn spyware popup if he was interested in having me for a member.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rugrats1

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 12:11:34 PM »
Not his problem -- the service that provided space for his boards, Bboards, forced him to carry pop-ups occasionally, even though he paid for pop-up-free service. I also get these pop-ups from time-to-time.

Dbacksfan12

Double Dare on GAS
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 02:08:03 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Oct 17 2004, 11:11 AM\']Not his problem -- the service that provided space for his boards, Bboards, forced him to carry pop-ups occasionally, even though he paid for pop-up-free service. I also get these pop-ups from time-to-time.
[snapback]61102[/snapback]
[/quote]
He pays for pop-up free service; yet popup ads still appear?
If I were him, I'd damn well find another service provider.
--Mark