Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestants As Hosts  (Read 6464 times)

Esoteric Eric

Contestants As Hosts
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2004, 11:40:35 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 21 2004, 10:06 AM\']Truly...truly.........(BUZZ)

Oh well, what the hell (downs shot of alcohol).
[snapback]61594[/snapback]
[/quote]

So far I've seen only one-word answers; was that the rule of the pilot?  (See, the only one I came up with for "truly _____" was the movie Truly Madly Deeply)

Esoteric Eric;  ...deeply indebted...
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

tvrandywest

Contestants As Hosts
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2004, 12:34:33 AM »
Each link on the chain is a one word answer, each a noun which, when joined with the previous word, forms a compound noun. That's the linguistics prof's rule, but way too technical an explanation.

In my opinion (and CBS' apparently) we never fully refined the format to where it needed to be. Why? Well, there are always politics and personalities   ;-)

The different rounds we devised during development had different variations, such as bouncing between the teams to see if you could give one more acceptable answer from the same link. Just when you think they've all been used, you add one more:

Dog  ____
dog house, dog pound, dog food....

It's definitely a drinking game; it drove me to drink!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 12:35:27 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

mystery7

Contestants As Hosts
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2004, 12:52:32 AM »
Y'know, the game as it was played on the pilot would've made a good alternate bonus round for Chain Reaction. The round Randy just mentioned kinda sounds like an embryo of Match-Up on MG90.

This wouldn't have been a Stewart or Goodson show, would it?

tvrandywest

Contestants As Hosts
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2004, 01:55:36 AM »
This wouldn't have been a Stewart or Goodson show, would it?
Nope. But if you transported it through time it would have been with the Goodson formats now owned by Freemantle! It was from many of the gang who brought you "Wordplay", with Syd Vinnedge Executive Producing for his All American Television, which became Pearson, which became you know who   ;-).

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 02:01:32 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Contestants As Hosts
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2004, 02:35:38 AM »
Hey, what about me? :D
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"