Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS-related commercial seen on ESPN...  (Read 2863 times)

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
GS-related commercial seen on ESPN...
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:15:53 PM »
Excuse me if this is "the star of this commercial left Wheel" news, but I recently saw a commercial on ESPN promoting [IIRC] some basketball games. Chuck Woolery played the host on a 70's-looking show, complete with Sony ECM-51 microphone. The set, IIRC, smacked of "Sports Challenge" more than anything else--the "game" itself didn't seem like any in particular. The "contestants" were 2 teams of 4 basketball players [don't remember which teams...]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 05:17:50 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

dmota104

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 09:26:52 PM »
I saw one of those game show-esque promos earlier today for "Kia NBA Shootaround", ESPN's NBA pre-game report.  In this promo, four NBA players were playing against ESPN talent (including John Saunders and Stephen A. Smith).

With "Lingo" in limbo (L-I-M-B-O), it's nice to see Chuck at work -- even if in brief glimpses between this and a brief guest shot on "Scrubs".

This almost reminds me of a similar campaign for ESPN's NFL coverage about 10 years ago.  Chris Berman and Tom Jackson were competing on a game show hosted by Wink Martindale.

brianhenke

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 11:21:25 PM »
Chris Berman and Tom Jackson were competing on a game show hosted by Wink Martindale.

And Boomer once hosted a game show with college contestants from the now-shuttered Boardwalk and Baseball in Florida!

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?
The leaves start to change color in May?

sshuffield70

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 09:47:29 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Oct 20 2004, 10:21 PM\']
Chris Berman and Tom Jackson were competing on a game show hosted by Wink Martindale.

And Boomer once hosted a game show with college contestants from the now-shuttered Boardwalk and Baseball in Florida!

Brian
[snapback]61550[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep, I remember "Boardwalk and Baseball's Superbowl of Sports Trivia".

CaseyAbell

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 08:38:51 AM »
By the way, Chuck has lightened his hair a little and looks to have gained back a few pounds. He actually looks a lot better than he did on the third season of Lingo.

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 06:33:59 PM »
By the way, Chuck has lightened his hair a little and looks to have gained back a few pounds. He actually looks a lot better than he did on the third season of Lingo.

13 weeks of Stacey will do that for you. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")