Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Could Daytime Games Even Return at all?  (Read 10500 times)

starcade

Could Daytime Games Even Return at all?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2004, 07:48:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 09:23 PM\'][quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 08:02 PM\']No.  It would literally take the networks taking back a lot of the daytime which has been ceded to local stations to syndicate or do their own stuff.  Given that game shows are quite on the ebb as a genre, I don't see that happening.
[snapback]62329[/snapback]
[/quote]
The only way I could see affiliated stations even considering surrendering the 10-11am ET block to the network is if affiliate compensation was brought back.
The fact that The Price Is Right has been on the air for close to a third of a century is darned near miraculous. And how many of us back in the day REALLY thought Bob Barker would still be hosting the show at the age of 80?
[snapback]62336[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think it's a matter that there really isn't anything left for the game show genre except what's on the air now.  Especially with the court shows being a mix of reality TV, what passes for game shows, and Jerry Springer, it's becoming harder to see a return of the game show to daytime is so far out of the question, it's hardly consider-able.

WorldClassRob

Could Daytime Games Even Return at all?
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2004, 02:44:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 4 2004, 10:39 PM\']What about "Meet the Press" and "Face the Nation."?
[snapback]63036[/snapback]
[/quote]

While those two programs are considered daytime, both of these programs air on Sundays only.  The ones I were talking about are of the Monday-Friday variety.