Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "WWTBAM" Press Release (semi-spoiler)  (Read 4692 times)

uncamark

"WWTBAM" Press Release (semi-spoiler)
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:56:21 PM »
Here's a press release from Buena Vista Television about what "WWTBAM"'s doing during November sweeps.

There is potential sorta spoiler info in the release, but no names or outcomes.  Also, they'll be doing another Celebrity Scoop week from Nov. 8 to 12.

Finally, on the Thanksgiving weekend shows on the 25th and 26th, Eddie Timanus will be in the Hot Seat.  I wouldn't miss it if I were you.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 07:22:11 PM »
Forget Eddie.  I want to know what the hell "artwork from WWTBAM" is.

(Seriously, I'll probably try to watch this.)

SamJ93

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 11:47:27 PM »
Figured I might as well warn people...

There is a MAJOR spoiler in the link above, if you read further down the page.  Click at your own risk...

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 01:08:27 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 27 2004, 02:56 PM\']Finally, on the Thanksgiving weekend shows on the 25th and 26th, Eddie Timanus will be in the Hot Seat.[/quote]

Yay, Eddie!  I realize you've already taped your appearance so it's too late to wish you luck, but... good luck!

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 04:49:08 AM »
Great!  Eddie's on Millionaire on Turkey day weekend & it's gonna be PRE-EMPTED?!?  NO WAY!!!!

Well, there goes my chance to see how they handle the monitor situation with Eddie on there.  DRAT!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 07:59:56 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 27 2004, 06:15 PM\']
Finally, on the Thanksgiving weekend shows on the 25th and 26th, Eddie Timanus will be in the Hot Seat.  I wouldn't miss it if I were you.
[snapback]62193[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ed-Die, Ed-Die, Ed-Die, as we said in 1999 when he won his five J! games. Damn shame a good chunk of the country won't get to see it due to special holiday programming pre-emptions. Yeah, I know football and parades are more important than a game show, but WWTBAMIFOS for scheduling Eddie on Thanksgiving.
[snapback]62194[/snapback]
[/quote]

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 08:10:19 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 07:59 AM\']Damn shame a good chunk of the country won't get to see it due to special holiday programming pre-emptions. Yeah, I know football and parades are more important than a game show, but WWTBAMIFOS for scheduling Eddie on Thanksgiving.[/quote]

Is football really more important than a game show?  That's for debate.  (As a football fan, who am I kidding?  Of course football's more important!)  However parades do absolutely nothing for me.  Just my opinion.

It's possible stations might air Millionaire after the late night news or after late night talk shows on those dates.

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 08:30:14 AM »
Is football really more important than a game show?  That's for debate.  (As a football fan, who am I kidding?  Of course football's more important!)  However parades do absolutely nothing for me.  Just my opinion.

It's possible stations might air Millionaire after the late night news or after late night talk shows on those dates.
[snapback]62250[/snapback]
[/quote]

'Twould be nice if they did. I suppose those stations that preempt Kenjen on those nights will air J! in late nights. If they do it for Kenjen, they should do it for Eddie. The Pittsburghers who see Millionaire weekdays at 10AM EST on WPTT Fox 22 should be able to see or tape it those days; one of them can do the spoilers on it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 07:44:25 PM by zachhoran »

uncamark

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 12:35:37 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Oct 27 2004, 10:47 PM\']Figured I might as well warn people...

There is a MAJOR spoiler in the link above, if you read further down the page.  Click at your own risk...

[snapback]62218[/snapback]
[/quote]

But once again, no names or ultimate outcomes.  Which is why I said "sorta" spoiler.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 07:26:30 PM »
Finally, after 6 years of waiting, we finally get a blind contestant in the Hot Seat.

Can't wait to see how this goes for good ol' Eddie.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 07:33:45 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 06:26 PM\']Finally, after 6 years of waiting, we finally get a blind contestant in the Hot Seat.
[snapback]62320[/snapback]
[/quote]
Off-topic....but this made me think:
It's been 6 years since WWTBAM debuted?  My, how time flies....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 07:40:52 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 07:26 PM\']Finally, after 6 years of waiting, we finally get a blind contestant in the Hot Seat.

Can't wait to see how this goes for good ol' Eddie.
[/quote]

5 years. WWTBAM debuted in the summer of 1999. It's a little over 5 years.

starcade

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 09:14:20 PM »
Eddie should be interesting...  The one bad thing is how they're going to handle the ability of the players to read the question during their deliberations.  (Perhaps handing him the questions in Braille?)

And, as for the other mini-spoiler:  They didn't say the player would _win_...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 10:47:25 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 06:14 PM\']Eddie should be interesting...  The one bad thing is how they're going to handle the ability of the players to read the question during their deliberations.  (Perhaps handing him the questions in Braille?)

And, as for the other mini-spoiler:  They didn't say the player would _win_...
[snapback]62331[/snapback]
[/quote]
Why is everyone assuming that they need to "handle" anything? Eddie can hear perfectly well, and if he needs to, he can always ask Meredith to repeat the question.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 11:05:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 06:33 PM\'][quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Oct 28 2004, 06:26 PM\']Finally, after 6 years of waiting, we finally get a blind contestant in the Hot Seat.
[/quote]
Off-topic....but this made me think:
It's been 6 years since WWTBAM debuted?  My, how time flies....
[snapback]62325[/snapback]
[/quote]
Now you see why some people consider the show to be one of those "old classics."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.