Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trebek injured?  (Read 5237 times)

opimus

Trebek injured?
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:18:06 PM »
Today's J! was a repeat of the 4000th show. There a little taped post script to the show Alex's right hand was in a cast. The post script mentioned Ken J!ennings.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 05:18:41 PM by opimus »

geno57

Trebek injured?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 05:31:27 PM »
Was that about the time he rolled his SUV?

bandit_bobby

Trebek injured?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 06:07:09 PM »
Was this a little promo before the 4000th episode? This is NOT WWE, guys.

itiparanoid13

Trebek injured?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 06:10:28 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 06:07 PM\']Was this a little promo before the 4000th episode? This is NOT WWE, guys.
[snapback]62788[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, because when we think Alex Trebek, the first thing that comes to mind is professional wrestling.

GS Warehouse

Trebek injured?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 06:49:53 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 06:10 PM\'][quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 06:07 PM\']Was this a little promo before the 4000th episode? This is NOT WWE, guys.
[snapback]62788[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, because when we think Alex Trebek, the first thing that comes to mind is professional wrestling.
[snapback]62789[/snapback]
[/quote]
[pictures Alex Trebek wearing spandex]

You'll be hearing from my lawyer shortly.

Vote while you still can!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 06:50:18 PM by GS Warehouse »

davemackey

Trebek injured?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 07:06:57 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 06:31 PM\']Was that about the time he rolled his SUV?
[snapback]62783[/snapback]
[/quote]
I believe Alex was driving a pickup truck...

thgames65

Trebek injured?
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 07:10:27 PM »
As Alex mentioned last week. he doesn't treat his truck as nicely as the contestant who said that she won't drive hers out in the rain.  I was a bit surprised that he even made an oblique reference to his own truck during that little interview.

Tim H.

zachhoran

Trebek injured?
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 07:11:11 PM »
[quote name=\'opimus\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 05:18 PM\']Today's J! was a repeat of the 4000th show. There a little taped post script to the show Alex's right hand was in a cast. The post script mentioned Ken J!ennings.
[snapback]62781[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is this the first time J! has ever scheduled a rerun aside from the Summer months?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 07:20:48 PM by zachhoran »

Jumpondees

Trebek injured?
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 07:11:59 PM »
Apologies to the group if this had been mentioned already...

Acording to J! 's website....

They re-ran the 4000th show on purpose for Election Day...East coast viewers will get today's originally scheduled show tomorrow....and so on and so forth...with this friday's show being aired on Saturday (I'm assuming that everyone gets J! on Saturdays on thier local stations).  It kinda gets me excited...instead of a repeat, we get a fresh show!!  <Sarcasm> Gee I wonder what's going to happen on Saturday</Sarcasm>

Just look for the link on the main page that says "Election Week Schedule"  For details.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 07:14:07 PM by Jumpondees »

zachhoran

Trebek injured?
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 07:20:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 07:11 PM\']Apologies to the group if this had been mentioned already...

They re-ran the 4000th show on purpose for Election Day...East coast viewers will get today's originally scheduled show tomorrow....and so on and so forth...with this friday's show being aired on Saturday.

[snapback]62805[/snapback]
[/quote]

WPVI nor WABC(IIRC) get Saturday J! airings for two. I do remember WPVI shifting the 1988 TofC airings from the second QF game through the finale over one weekday, with the finals airing on a Monday. Perhaps Friday's show will air on Monday on WPVI or WABC

Jumpondees

Trebek injured?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 07:34:42 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 07:20 PM\'][quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 07:11 PM\']Apologies to the group if this had been mentioned already...

They re-ran the 4000th show on purpose for Election Day...East coast viewers will get today's originally scheduled show tomorrow....and so on and so forth...with this friday's show being aired on Saturday.

[snapback]62805[/snapback]
[/quote]

WPVI nor WABC(IIRC) get Saturday J! airings for two. I do remember WPVI shifting the 1988 TofC airings from the second QF game through the finale over one weekday, with the finals airing on a Monday. Perhaps Friday's show will air on Monday on WPVI or WABC
[snapback]62807[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think I would have it nailed down to say that if it wasn't for Ken Jennings, J! wouldn't be doing the reshuffling of episodes they are doing now.  I don't recall them doing this anytime before.  Wheel of Fortune has no rescheduling announcement up on thier site...So it's safe to say that Today's Wheel will be seen this summer sometime...

Anyways, because I'm a geek like that...I was looking at WPVI's schedule through thier website...and I notice that they have a Saturday airing of Wheel at 7:30pm....Perhaps they will substitute J! in that time slot this week.  The same thing could be said about WABC....Both of their websites direct to schedules provided by TitanTV.com

Gus

Trebek injured?
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 10:16:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 08:11 PM\'](I'm assuming that everyone gets J! on Saturdays on thier local stations)
[/quote]

Wrong!

WEWS in Cleveland shows Wheel reruns at 7:00, but airs the Ohio Lottery's once-proud Cash Explosion Double Play at 7:30. I can't remember them ever showing J! reruns, considering I'm only as old as CEDP itself...

bellbm

Trebek injured?
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 10:44:26 PM »
WLS in Chicago does not air Jeopardy! on Saturday during the college football season, so perhaps they will air it at 6:30 in place of Wheel of Fortune.  But I don't understand why they couldn't have just kept running the shows in order here in Chicago, especially since it airs at 3:30.

Maybe Ken gets beat by the end of the week, so King World doesn't really care what happens to the Friday episode, since I think there are a lot of markets which don't get a Saturday run of Jeopardy, especially in the central and mountain time zones.  AND, most of those markets which don't have a Saturday run, would not have been pre-empting for election coverage, since it likely doesn't air in prime access.  So maybe by pre-empting it today, they build excitement for tomorrow's show, which is maybe when he gets gets beat (just my speculation).

Craig Karlberg

Trebek injured?
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 04:36:56 AM »
Well, at least I'll be able to see Ken go for that mark.  I had a dream yesterday that featured Alex mentioning comparing Ken to Tony Dorsett.  Not sure why but then I saw clips of Ken & the others in a celebratory mood.  The background on the nameplates were green instead of blue & the lights flashed.  It was Wednesday, Nov. 3 according to my dream & I thought WHAT?!?  Did this election killed any chance of me seeing Ken break that record?  Then I threw something down on the floor in disgust.  Fortunately, the Election Day episode was just a repeat so my dream was just that, a pipe dream.

Ian Wallis

Trebek injured?
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 09:25:25 AM »
But I don't understand why they couldn't have just kept running the shows in order here in Chicago, especially since it airs at 3:30.

I know that "Jeopardy" feeds two days in advance on satellite, so a station that doesn't have a Saturday run *could*air it if they wanted to, but maybe they're contractually bound from airing a show before they're supposed to.  I guess some cities that don't have a Saturday run might never get that particular episode.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!