Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who's That Announcer?  (Read 2364 times)

Don Howard

Who's That Announcer?
« on: December 10, 2004, 08:08:17 AM »
In my recently acquired copy of a 90 minute video about game shows of the 1950s and 1960s (which includes segments of a multi-tied Tic Tac Dough match shown out of sequence), a few minutes of the Edgar Bergen-hosted Do You Trust Your Wife? are shown. The announcer is shown on camera to tell us the couple's score. Who is that announcer?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 10:59:41 AM by Don Howard »

The Ol' Guy

Who's That Announcer?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 09:16:27 AM »
Not seeing your particular tape, but having seen other episodes - if he's a slightly older looking gent with rich tones, you may have the classic Allstate Insurance pitchman, Ed Reimers (You're in good hands with Allstate). Later, radio and tv announcer Bob Lamond handled some of the chores.

tvrandywest

Who's That Announcer?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 01:36:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 05:08 AM\']In my recently acquired copy of a 90 minute video about game shows of the 1950s and 1960s (which includes segments of a multi-tied Tic Tac Dough match shown out of sequence), a few minutes of the Edgar Bergen-hosted Do You Trust Your Wife? are shown. The announcer is shown on camera to tell us the couple's score. Who is that announcer?
[snapback]66708[/snapback]
[/quote]
Post audio or video and I'll gladly play "Name That Announcer"   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com