Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DICK CLARK PRODUCTIONS. Yummm Sounds Tasty!  (Read 4906 times)

Skynet74

DICK CLARK PRODUCTIONS. Yummm Sounds Tasty!
« on: December 14, 2004, 03:00:05 AM »
Anyone here ever eat at a Dick Clark Productions.. RESTAURANT?

I wonder how the Pyramid Poundcake is? ;-)

http://www.dickclarkproductions.com/html/restaurants.html

John

beau

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 03:49:50 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 03:00 AM\']Anyone here ever eat at a Dick Clark Productions.. RESTAURANT?
[snapback]67195[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope.

Don't think I want to either.

davemackey

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 06:30:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 04:00 AM\']Anyone here ever eat at a Dick Clark Productions.. RESTAURANT?

I wonder how the Pyramid Poundcake is? ;-)

http://www.dickclarkproductions.com/html/restaurants.html

John
[snapback]67195[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have eaten at the American Bandstand diner (or whatever it's called) in Philadelphia. I think it's at the King of Prussia Mall. The food was pretty good and the atmosphere comparable to a Bennigans or Fridays.

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 07:49:51 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 06:30 AM\']I have eaten at the American Bandstand diner (or whatever it's called) in Philadelphia. I think it's at the King of Prussia Mall. The food was pretty good and the atmosphere comparable to a Bennigans or Fridays.
[snapback]67198[/snapback]
[/quote]

I went there to the one in KoP at March 2002, and was just blown away by everything. They had old AB clips on,  and I was just about in shock when I heard Dick plug 20K Pyramid. Upon going back to KoP in June 2003, I was sad to find that the place had shut down.

inturnaround

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 09:02:42 AM »
I ate at the King of Prussia one, too. I didn't know it had closed.

The Dick Clark restaurant in Michigan (now defunct) was the reason Michael Moore chased down Clark after the son of a restaurant employee murdered a little girl in school. I still have no idea why Moore thought Clark was in any way responsible.

The ambush can be seen in "Bowling for Columbine".
Joe Coughlin     
Human

sshuffield70

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 09:28:49 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:02 AM\']I ate at the King of Prussia one, too. I didn't know it had closed.

The Dick Clark restaurant in Michigan (now defunct) was the reason Michael Moore chased down Clark after the son of a restaurant employee murdered a little girl in school. I still have no idea why Moore thought Clark was in any way responsible.

[snapback]67202[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's easy.  He's just a big, fat guy with nothing better to do than chase down people and make a propaganda piece.

Don Howard

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 09:47:34 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:28 AM\'][quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:02 AM\']I ate at the King of Prussia one, too. I didn't know it had closed.

[/quote]

That's easy.  He's just a big, fat guy with nothing better to do than chase down people and make a propaganda piece.
[snapback]67209[/snapback]
[/quote]
He's also a **C***G *SS.
Solve the puzzle and win!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 09:58:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 08:47 AM\']He's also a **C***G *SS.
[snapback]67213[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll take an "F"! :-)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Pyramid80

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 10:31:03 AM »
In the late 90's I ate at the AB grill in Cincinnati.  It was your basic restaurant type food, nothing special.  The memorabilia and the atmosphere was quite cool!  While passing through Cininnati this past May, it was a pile of dirt.  The building had recently been demolished to make room for a new restaurant.

dzinkin

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 11:59:50 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:47 AM\'][quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:28 AM\'][quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:02 AM\']The Dick Clark restaurant in Michigan (now defunct) was the reason Michael Moore chased down Clark after the son of a restaurant employee murdered a little girl in school. I still have no idea why Moore thought Clark was in any way responsible.
[/quote]
[snapback]67209[/snapback]
[/quote]
He's also a **C***G *SS.
[/quote]
Dick Clark's New Year's ROCKING ASS? :-D

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 12:00:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 08:31 AM\']In the late 90's I ate at the AB grill in Cincinnati.  It was your basic restaurant type food, nothing special.  The memorabilia and the atmosphere was quite cool!  While passing through Cininnati this past May, it was a pile of dirt.  The building had recently been demolished to make room for a new restaurant.
[snapback]67217[/snapback]
[/quote]
I've never been, but I guess when they first opened there was some kind of touchscreen multimedia jukebox system in the restaurants....no big deal now, but pretty high tech for 1993 or so. I only mention this because I happen to know the guy who wrote the software for them. Same guy who wrote the touchscreen software for the coloring kiosk at the Disney stores. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gsfan85

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 12:04:59 PM »
I ate at the restaurant in the Salt Lake City airport on a morning stop-off coming home from Hawaii with my family.

The restaurant is all music memorabelia with clips of Bandstand playing on tons of tv's.  I thought it was kind of random for an airport.

Adam
Note-The weirdest thing was that the restaurant only gave customers plastic utensils to eat with, because we were past the security checkpoint.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 12:33:14 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 11:59 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:47 AM\']
He's also a **C***G *SS.
[/quote]
Dick Clark's New Year's ROCKING ASS? :-D
[snapback]67224[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, taken in the right context, that still fits Michael Moore quite well. ;-)

Bob Zager

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 07:16:05 PM »
I had gone to the Michigan AB Grill, shortly after it opened in 1999.  The food was good, they had lots of souvenirs for sale, and had re-creations of a couple of props (The "Rate-A-Record," board '60s style, and the "Top Ten," board '80s style).

I made the trip out there in November, 2000 to meet Dick Clark himself, but his visit was cut about an hour short of plans.  I was disappointed, and hope to meet him someday, but first I hope he gets 100% well again!

I don't know exactly when it closed, but a year ago I was at the mall where the grill was located, and the signs and graphics were still up, and the entrance doors blocked.

tvwxman

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 07:33:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 07:16 PM\']

I don't know exactly when it closed, but a year ago I was at the mall where the grill was located, and the signs and graphics were still up, and the entrance doors blocked.
[snapback]67299[/snapback]
[/quote]

Interesting Bob. Do you remember the day the music grill died?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"