Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pat Sajak: Stop the Madness  (Read 2830 times)

dzinkin

Pat Sajak: Stop the Madness
« on: December 19, 2004, 01:45:23 AM »
X-Entertainment has a bunch of '80s-era commercials and PSAs available for free download.  The one that's on-topic for this group can be found here...

http://www.x-entertainment.com/downloads/c...ials/sajak.html

...and the entire collection is here:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/downloads/

Enjoy!

rugrats1

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:40:46 PM »
The "Stop the Madness" PSAs were CBS's PSAs against drunk driving, which was a big issue in the 1980s. The ads feature mainly stars of CBS series, including Pat, who was doing his ill-fated "Pat Sajak Show" at the time. These were from around 1989-1990, due to Pat's show, and Barbara Bush appearing in one of them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 12:41:27 PM by rugrats1 »

Jamey Greek

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 08:03:53 PM »
There was also one with Bob Goen who was hosting WOF at the time.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 04:36:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 08:03 PM\']There was also one with Bob Goen who was hosting WOF at the time.
[/quote]
Can anyone attest to this? I question the reliability of this comment; due to the posters age; and posting history. That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Dave; thanks for the link. I knew I remembered that Juicy Fruit commercial!  [Oh, and for a time when Fruit Roll-Ups weren't Chergrapbanalemon].
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 04:39:12 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:40:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 27 2004, 04:36 AM\']

Dave; thanks for the link. I knew I remembered that Juicy Fruit commercial!  [Oh, and for a time when Fruit Roll-Ups weren't Chergrapbanalemon].
[snapback]68754[/snapback]
[/quote]

Another minor game show connection to at least one of the retromercials: a 15 second version of Nabisco Bonkers "Bonks You Out" Candies commercial was seen on a fee plug on a few syndie game shows. GSN showed Caldwell TTD and $100K Pyramid shows where that mini-commercial was a fee plug.

ITSBRY

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 12:08:20 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 01:45 AM\']X-Entertainment has a bunch of '80s-era commercials and PSAs available for free download.  The one that's on-topic for this group can be found here...

[snapback]67836[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the nostalgic look back...very cool.  I had the Frogger mini arcade game when I was about 10, but I don't remember ever seeing that commercial.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 06:14:56 PM »
Thanks for the nostalgic look back...very cool. I had the Frogger mini arcade game when I was about 10, but I don't remember ever seeing that commercial.

I had Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, myself.

ObGameShow: Those "tabletop arcade games" were actually offered as prizes during the Mark Richards era of Starcade, w/a video clip of said spot running during Kevin McMahan's plug.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")