Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kids game shows that don't feature any slop at all  (Read 4900 times)

tyshaun1

Kids game shows that don't feature any slop at all
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 08:13:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:09 PM\'][quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:00 PM\'] Witness an episode with the "Sundae Slide"; when they started to add the syrup to the uphill climb, it was goodbye trip to right back where you were.
[/quote]
If you were smart enough to climb the SIDES where there was no slop...this was never an issue. Most contestants weren't smart enough to notice this.  Incidentally, they were the same ones who thought "America the Beautiful" was our national anthem.
[snapback]69529[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, that's my point. It made a much harder climb to the top when they had to put their feet where their hands also were. And even later, they would spread the syrup (and whipped cream) so far out, it was hard not to step in.

Tyshaun

dale_grass

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 08:18:38 PM »
Smart Ask on CBC, which I enjoyed immensely on my trips up north, had nary a trace of slop, ooze, guck, syrup, slime, or anything else of that nature.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 09:19:07 PM »
..and I'm surprised no one yet mentioned the Kideo Village knockoff Shenanigans....I don't remember any slop on that one...other than the creme pies tossed at the stunt called "Pie In The Eye"....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 09:20:06 PM by The Ol' Guy »

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2005, 09:26:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:18 PM\']Smart Ask on CBC, which I enjoyed immensely on my trips up north, had nary a trace of slop, ooze, guck, syrup, slime, or anything else of that nature.
[snapback]69536[/snapback]
[/quote]

I recall the Phys Quiz segment of Marc Summers' Pick Your Brain as not having any messy elements to it. I suspect Marc's co-producing this show had something to do with it.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2005, 12:35:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:09 PM\'][quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:00 PM\'] Witness an episode with the "Sundae Slide"; when they started to add the syrup to the uphill climb, it was goodbye trip to right back where you were.
[/quote]
If you were smart enough to climb the SIDES where there was no slop...this was never an issue. Most contestants weren't smart enough to notice this.[/quote]

I recall one poor kid who figured this out after about 10 seconds, but by that point had too much goop all over his shoes to get a solid foothold anywhere. He also seemed to be afraid to get any momentum going. That team won 2 prizes, anyway . . .
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

uncamark

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »
[/quote]
If you were smart enough to climb the SIDES where there was no slop...this was never an issue. Most contestants weren't smart enough to notice this.  Incidentally, they were the same ones who thought "America the Beautiful" was our national anthem.
[snapback]69529[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seemed to me that more than once Marc pointed this out to the kids in doing the walk-through--which they'd promptly forget once the clock was running and they were on the actual obstacle.