Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did anyone happen to notice. . .  (Read 2489 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Did anyone happen to notice. . .
« on: January 03, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »
. . .what the copyright date was for today's TPiR?  For the first new TPiR episode shown last year (1/2/04), they put a 2004 copyright date on even though the show was taped a couple of months earlier (as noted before, TPiR used its date of taping for copyright purposes rather than airdate in keeping with previous policies, until breaking from that with last year's first eppy).

Sincerely,

Just Curious -- and the countdown to 900 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 04:57:16 PM »
I don't think eppy is proper Variety-speak.  The correct term is ep.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 05:01:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 03:57 PM\']I don't think eppy is proper Variety-speak.  The correct term is ep.
[snapback]69672[/snapback]
[/quote]
I standdy correcteddy.  :)

Doug  -- and the countdown to 900 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:24:59 PM »
Today's copyright was 2005.

Having seen the whole credit roll, I can tell you what you see on the CBS closing credits is the usually the same as what is on the master. Except the date on the masters are in Roman numerals.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 05:34:04 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

drmusic_99

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 06:38:16 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 05:24 PM\']
Having seen the whole credit roll, I can tell you what you see on the CBS closing credits is the usually the same as what is on the master. Except the date on the masters are in Roman numerals.
[snapback]69683[/snapback]
[/quote]

Allow me to veer off on a tangent.

So, the master tapes include a full credit roll. Are these ever provided to foreign broadcasters who carry the show? Because the Canadian networks that carry the show are forced to rely on the CBS feed... and that means ending the broadcast with the Fremantle logo, because they obviously don't want the CBS split-screen credits, complete with promos, on their air.

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 07:05:17 PM »
[quote name=\'drmusic_99\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 06:38 PM\']So, the master tapes include a full credit roll[/quote]
Yes. However, there is no Fremantle Media logo at the end and no CBS eye on there (that's done in local markets). After the credit roll, the show goes black. They also go black for each break (should be obvious)

The credit roll is pretty much the same as circa 1996/1997.

I don't recall seeing a full credit roll after every show. I'm guessing that's because of the same reason other game shows sometimes do and don't show a full credit roll...

Time.

Are these ever provided to foreign broadcasters who carry the show? Because the Canadian networks that carry the show are forced to rely on the CBS feed... and that means ending the broadcast with the Fremantle logo, because they obviously don't want the CBS split-screen credits, complete with promos, on their air.
This, unfortunately, I don't know. Only thing I do notice is when Price airs in Canada, the CBS eye is covered with "CH"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 07:06:08 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

rugrats1

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 07:18:18 PM »
...when Price airs in Canada, the CBS eye is covered with "CH"

And when the show is repeated weeks later on is cable sister, 'Prime", the eye's covered with Prime's logo (they used the tapes off of CBS's feed as well).

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 08:07:37 PM »
[quote name=\'drmusic_99\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 06:38 PM\']So, the master tapes include a full credit roll.
[snapback]69705[/snapback]
[/quote]

Absolutely.  I've even heard of it airing on occasion in Canada and the West Coast if CBS has to throw on a rerun at the last minute.