Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Beverly reports TPIR specials to return.  (Read 6677 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Beverly reports TPIR specials to return.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 09:39:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 07:26 PM\']Right, but I think his point is that several people got on his case because he didn't believe a story that Steve posted.
[snapback]69741[/snapback]
[/quote]
The difference between that and this is that in that case Steve-O was backed up by actual reputable sources that Tuna decided to ALSO refute, for no real reason aside from Beverly citing them.

The lesson to be learned is that while his overall opinion of Beverly is correct, well, the sun even shines on a dog's ass occasionally, and when it does you have to give the dog his due. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Desperado

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 09:46:23 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 08:59 PM\']He's a hack. Nothing more.
[snapback]69733[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yep.  Pretty much what I figured!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2005, 11:04:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 06:39 PM\']the sun even shines on a dog's ass occasionally, and when it does you have to give the dog his due. :)
[snapback]69742[/snapback]
[/quote]

Where in the hell do you come up with these lines, Chris? lol!

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2005, 11:46:28 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 11:04 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 06:39 PM\']the sun even shines on a dog's ass occasionally, and when it does you have to give the dog his due. :)
[/quote]

[snapback]69780[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dan Rather.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 12:17:45 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 11:46 PM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 11:04 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 06:39 PM\']the sun even shines on a dog's ass occasionally, and when it does you have to give the dog his due. :)
[/quote]

[snapback]69780[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dan Rather.
[snapback]69784[/snapback]
[/quote]

And with that, I stumbled upon the darkhorse candidate to succeed Dan Rather. :)

"The CBS Nightly News with Chris Lemon" does have a ring to it. ;)

clemon79

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2005, 01:51:25 AM »
Apparently, Aaron thought that was such a fine idea, he said it twice. :)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2005, 02:42:43 AM »
That might not be such a bad idea...Lord knows there are enough people in this country who could use a dose of blunt reality every now and again. :-)

Robair

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2005, 06:06:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Desperado\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 06:25 PM\']Since you brought it up, what exactly is the deal with "Professor Beverly" anyway?  Is he just completely in love with himself or what?
[snapback]69699[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, if the timeline sidebar on his homepage hasn't been updated since October, he still has his December Gene Rayburn feature up, the damn Ken Jennings Box is inexplicably still there, and he rushes to get a cap of himself up hosting Head2Head the day after it airs...that tells you everything you need to know.
--Robair

Don Howard

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2005, 07:30:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jan 4 2005, 06:06 AM\'][quote name=\'Desperado\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 06:25 PM\']Since you brought it up, what exactly is the deal with "Professor Beverly" anyway?  Is he just completely in love with himself or what?
[snapback]69699[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, if the timeline sidebar on his homepage hasn't been updated since October, he still has his December Gene Rayburn feature up, the damn Ken Jennings Box is inexplicably still there, and he rushes to get a cap of himself up hosting Head2Head the day after it airs...that tells you everything you need to know.
[snapback]69812[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, he has been busy with interviews and things. There's only so much Stosh to go around.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2005, 07:40:52 AM »
For those still interested, Mr. Beverly has indeed gotten this one correct.  CBS has ordered 3 (and only 3 for now) more Primetime Million Dollar Spectaculars for Spring airing.

They are set to tape in April.

OntarioQuizzer

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2005, 10:41:25 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 09:59 PM\'][quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 05:36 PM\']Yes, he may be nice, but that is not an excuse for the errors, which seem to happen too often for a site of that stature, and then their unexplained disappearance.  He could at LEAST give some sort of retraction.
[/quote]

But he wouldn't be the World's Foremost Authority if he let on that he was human and prone to mistakes. Lots of mistakes. Unforgivable mistakes.

He's a hack. Nothing more.
[snapback]69733[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well...understandably, I have mixed thoughts about Steve. After all, without him, I probably wouldn't have received nearly as much publicity as I did during Ken's streak. However, had Steve been impeccably correct, I doubt I would have received much at all. He only started the Jennings' Winnings section after I emailed him a correction from my stats.

clemon79

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2005, 10:45:52 AM »
[quote name=\'OntarioQuizzer\' date=\'Jan 4 2005, 08:41 AM\']Well...understandably, I have mixed thoughts about Steve. After all, without him, I probably wouldn't have received nearly as much publicity as I did during Ken's streak.
[/quote]
In this business, there is nothing wrong with riding a few coattails to get yourself a little pub. Just so long as you know whose coattails you're riding, and the likelyhood of them cutting you loose the second it's inconvenient for you to be there.

OntarioQuizzer

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2005, 10:53:52 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 4 2005, 11:45 AM\']In this business, there is nothing wrong with riding a few coattails to get yourself a little pub. Just so long as you know whose coattails you're riding, and the likelyhood of them cutting you loose the second it's inconvenient for you to be there.
[snapback]69839[/snapback]
[/quote]

But of course. That's the way the news is -- they only want to talk to you if you know something about what they're reporting on.

I'm also guessing that as a former news director, Steve probably still has quite a few contacts in the business -- people that are likely to give him information because they already know him. And that's in addition to the publicity that running his site gets him.

clemon79

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2005, 11:49:42 AM »
[quote name=\'OntarioQuizzer\' date=\'Jan 4 2005, 08:53 AM\']I'm also guessing that as a former news director, Steve probably still has quite a few contacts in the business -- people that are likely to give him information because they already know him.
[/quote]
Actually, I doubt it, or else he wouldn't have screwed the pooch on the Dick Clark / Millionaire story so fantastically.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2005, 12:00:05 PM »
Steve has contacts these days in the world of game shows, but I doubt that his previous incarnation as a news director had much to do with it.  Regardless of your opinions about his methods (or, for that matter, his opinions) one thing you can't begrudge him is that he puts a ton of effort into his site, and part of that has been accumulating contacts.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.