Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Actual bus conversation today  (Read 3872 times)

brianhenke

Actual bus conversation today
« on: January 09, 2005, 12:27:13 AM »
I was on a Queen City Metro bus today, and I overheard two people talking about game show hosts.

During this conversation, one man said, "Richard Dawson hung himself."

I quickly realized that it was Ray Combs who hung himself, and I had to tell them that fact.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?
The leaves start to change color in May?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 12:38:58 AM »
Ahem.

Why did you feel you needed to share this with us?

I was eating Corn Flakes this morning, and one of them looked like Peter Tomarken, but I didn't hop on the board and announce it.

If there were ever a case of PJTP, this is it. I am sorry.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 12:49:19 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Jan 9 2005, 12:27 AM\']I was on a Queen City Metro bus today, and I overheard two people talking about game show hosts.

During this conversation, one man said, "Richard Dawson hung himself."

I quickly realized that it was Ray Combs who hung himself, and I had to tell them that fact.[/quote]
We have the "bowling buddy".  Can we give Brian the "bus stop buddy" award?

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 12:59:00 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 9 2005, 12:38 AM\']I was eating Corn Flakes this morning, and one of them looked like Peter Tomarken, but I didn't hop on the board and announce it.

[snapback]70646[/snapback]
[/quote]

That was a good idea. A *better* idea would have been going on Ebay to sell it. ;)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 02:23:04 AM »
I had a conversation with a girl once about Card Sharks. Does that mean it belongs here?  Not really....its more appropriate for an LJ, IMO.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 06:36:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 9 2005, 02:23 AM\']I had a conversation with a girl once about Card Sharks. Does that mean it belongs here?  Not really....its more appropriate for an LJ, IMO.
[snapback]70654[/snapback]
[/quote]

For some of our posters, just having a conversation with a girl would be worth sharing here with the crowd.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Desperado

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 08:54:56 AM »
I had a similar experience last weekend while flying home after the holdays.  These two suspicious looking middle eastern men were having an argument in the row behind me.  One of them said the original Feud set had 237 light bulbs, and but the other one insisted it was 239.  I had to turn around and tell them both that it was actually 286 if you count the ones embedded in the face-off podium.  

They both thanked me and we had a good laugh.

WhammyPower

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 08:57:43 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 9 2005, 12:38 AM\']I was eating Corn Flakes this morning, and one of them looked like Peter Tomarken, but I didn't hop on the board and announce it.
[snapback]70646[/snapback]
[/quote]
Too late.  You just did.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 04:08:19 PM »
You guys realize this is Henke we're talking about, right? Anything game show related, and he takes it upon himself to post something about it...that is, after he finishes drooling on the keyboard.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

GS Warehouse

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 10:32:10 PM »
I saw John O'Hurley in a commercial today.  Is this any different?

aaron sica

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 10:46:24 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 9 2005, 10:32 PM\']I saw John O'Hurley in a commercial today.  Is this any different?
[snapback]70693[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, but to Henke, it's EVERYTHING. If he saw a commercial with O'Hurley, he'd run, not walk, to his computer, because he thinks we care.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 11:04:36 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 9 2005, 10:32 PM\']I saw John O'Hurley in a commercial today.  Is this any different?
[/quote]
You too?  Was it a Progressive Insurance commercial?

ObGS:  Kerry Breitenbach, the 5-time Jeopardy! champ who lost on Friday, works for Progressive, in the same complex as several relatives who also work for Progressive.