Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coincidence....Yep (Price Weblog Situation)  (Read 3489 times)

Mario500

Coincidence....Yep (Price Weblog Situation)
« on: January 11, 2005, 07:46:07 PM »
Friends, game show fanatics, and loyal readers.....some awful news:

The Price is Right Blog, the first weblog dedicated to Price and creators Colin & Jesse, the site I've been keeping alive for more than a year, the site dedicated to giving the occasional (and loyal) Price viewer all the necessary information needed on each show since October 2003, plus my (and a few others') viewpoint as a viewer & follower, has fallen victim to a Blogger.com problem. Since Monday (the same Monday Golden-Road.net was down previously), every attempt at publishing the latest post failed, leaving me with errors such as "Login Error" and "Connection Time Out" after an extremely long loop of "0% published" pages. So far, I'm aware I'm not the only one experiencing such a situation.

I had to make this issue public because....

1. Since February 2004, every post, every edition of Price from daytime to primetime, and every rerun was posted by me with no bumps in the road (excluding a storm named “Ivan”, which happened during the rerun cycle)

2. Folks may suspect I don't recap each show from memory

3. Loyal readers may have had thoughts of "death" in mind.

Until this situation is resolved, expect me to continue typing about Price each morning, moments after typing a review of a popular local radio talk show for my owned & operated weblog (no problems publishing posts).

Good day!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 09:49:53 PM »
You've got to be kidding me.

You....you've got to....uh...nope. I'm speechless.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 10:36:05 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 07:49 PM\']You've got to be kidding me.

You....you've got to....uh...nope. I'm speechless.
[snapback]70967[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ya know, I "wowed" for a second, but then I figured this was no worse than the announcement about Golden Road being down yesterday, even if the OP does have a slightly inflated opinion about the overall popularity of his site. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 10:40:49 PM »
Not so much his site as him. His blog isn't being updated regularly, so people will think he died? WTF do you call that?

And I'm not sure how to interpret his last sentence. I guess we'll wait and see how it plays out.

clemon79

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 11:11:01 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 08:40 PM\']Not so much his site as him. His blog isn't being updated regularly, so people will think he died? WTF do you call that?

And I'm not sure how to interpret his last sentence. I guess we'll wait and see how it plays out.
[snapback]70974[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, the vibe I got was that his regular readers love his blog so much, they might kill themselves if there is no new content.

I've been prone to such hyperbole about Chez Fred. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 11:11:32 PM by clemon79 »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 11:19:15 PM »
JANUARY 3RD? WHAT THE HELL?

*commits hara kiri*

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 11:24:05 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 09:19 PM\']JANUARY 3RD? WHAT THE HELL?

*commits hara kiri*
[snapback]70984[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, I know. I have a couple ideas for pieces in the hopper, but I haven't felt like committing them to, well, silicon. :)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 11:36:07 PM »
But Chris! Think of your fans! Think of the millions and millions of people you're letting down!!! THINK OF SOMEONE BESIDES YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEONEONE!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 11:23:53 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 11 2005, 11:19 PM\']JANUARY 3RD? WHAT THE HELL?

*commits hara kiri*
[snapback]70984[/snapback]
[/quote]

Watch it...these ice cream ponies don't run cheap.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Mario500

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 09:06:55 PM »
Greetings yet again...

It's now more than a week since The Price is Right Blog has sat there without updates due to problems with Blogger.com and the fellow (Colin) with access to operating the rest of the site remains far too busy. Writings on each edition of Price since January 7th are still being posted, yet none have ever appeared on the website. It would be excellent if any of y'all would lend a hand to us by providing the solution to ridding or passing the error messages that prevent a post from appearing on the site. Thank you and good day!

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 09:12:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Jan 20 2005, 07:06 PM\']It would be excellent if any of y'all would lend a hand to us by providing the solution to ridding or passing the error messages that prevent a post from appearing on the site. Thank you and good day!
[snapback]72174[/snapback]
[/quote]
And in fact if we were the Blogger people, we could probably do that. Alas, we are not.

All I can tell you is that I haven't had any problems with my site (and the blog on the front page thereof is in fact Blogger-powered.)

I did have a problem for a while, when the morons at AT&T were running things, because some over-paranoid asshalf was shutting off all FTP connections from outside of the AT&T domain, so Blogger couldn't get to my Web space. That was fixed, however, when ATTBI thankfully got out of the Internet business and we all migrated over to Comcast.