Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just discovered a "new" game show  (Read 3461 times)

DjohnsonCB

Just discovered a "new" game show
« on: January 14, 2005, 09:25:39 PM »
Good Life Network was added to my digital cable this week, and I found they have a game show called "Let's Go Back" in their lineup.  But I noticed a 1992 copyright in the end credits, and therefore it may have been seen by a few of you.

For those who haven't seen it, the set looks interestingly retro:  no metal scaffolding, twisting, turning blue lights or from-here-to-infinity backgrounds.  And the game board is constructed of Concentration-style trilons.  It's a basic Q & A game with modest prizes.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 09:32:09 PM »
With announcer Charlie O'Donnell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HairMetalLives

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 10:35:43 PM »
It's a good show, but really REALLY cheep. What's interesting to me is that they had Scott Sternberg host it -- a host with little or no experience -- and Charlie-O announce it -- someone who has been around forever and a day. Wouldn't it be the logical thing to do to pick an experienced host and an unknown announcer? Just a thought. (more of a random musing, actually)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 11:02:25 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jan 14 2005, 10:35 PM\']It's a good show, but really REALLY cheep. What's interesting to me is that they had Scott Sternberg host it -- a host with little or no experience -- and Charlie-O announce it -- someone who has been around forever and a day. Wouldn't it be the logical thing to do to pick an experienced host and an unknown announcer? Just a thought. (more of a random musing, actually)
[snapback]71298[/snapback]
[/quote]

Since Scott packaged it, created it and executive produced it, he probably wanted to host it too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 11:11:23 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

sshuffield70

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 12:29:47 AM »
Wouldn't be the first time.........Mike Reilly, anyone?? :)

Pyramid80

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 01:17:45 AM »
I'll have to check it out.  I just had Good Life added a few weeks ago.

Didn't someone mention that there was another game show on Good Life at one time?

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 04:25:17 AM »
For whatever reason, I DO remember seeing that show back in 1992 when we had satellite TV back then.  It was on what was called the Nastalga Channel(which might've evolved into Good Life Network).  It was a good show to say the least.  Cheap-type set, simple game play.  Very straight foward there.  Man, I wish I had Good Life.

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 07:49:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jan 15 2005, 01:17 AM\']I'll have to check it out.  I just had Good Life added a few weeks ago.

Didn't someone mention that there was another game show on Good Life at one time?
[snapback]71312[/snapback]
[/quote]

Let's Go Back has been on Goodlife for the past several months. It was mentioned in here when it was first aired by them.

ChuckNet

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 11:14:55 PM »
For whatever reason, I DO remember seeing that show back in 1992 when we had satellite TV back then. It was on what was called the Nastalga Channel(which might've evolved into Good Life Network). It was a good show to say the least. Cheap-type set, simple game play. Very straight foward there. Man, I wish I had Good Life.

I remember watching it on Nostalgia back then, too...game was simple, yet easy to play along with for a 13YO because of the subject matter, although the $500 top prize wasn't exactly anything to write home about...LOL

One item of note: on the rare occasion time ran out before the entire round 2 board had been completed, they used the "train whistle" sound that later served the same purpose on Wheel 2000.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 03:38:58 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 16 2005, 11:14 PM\']One item of note: on the rare occasion time ran out before the entire round 2 board had been completed, they used the "train whistle" sound that later served the same purpose on Wheel 2000.
[/quote]
Which was produced by him as well, correct?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 07:22:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 17 2005, 03:38 AM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 16 2005, 11:14 PM\']One item of note: on the rare occasion time ran out before the entire round 2 board had been completed, they used the "train whistle" sound that later served the same purpose on Wheel 2000.
[/quote]
Which was produced by [Sternberg] as well, correct?
[snapback]71550[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.