Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows you grew to love...  (Read 5273 times)

Craig Karlberg

Shows you grew to love...
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 04:40:47 AM »
The Price Is Right definitely was one that was out there for me at first.  The show itself was good but I didn't really like Barker in his early years.  As tne years passed, I grew more attatched to it, then it became one of my all-time favorittes.

Another one was Scrabble.  Thank heavens I didn't see the episodes where they actually had to SPELL the words out.  At first I thought, did they totally screw up the original board game to make a whole new game out of it?  Later on, I figured out what was going on & got hooked on it thereafter.

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 03:17:05 PM »
Greed. I took a look at the first episode, and immediately wrote it off as a Millionaire ripoff. It grew to be one of my faves from that era.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

alfonzos

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 03:39:02 PM »
I didn't appreciate The Newlywed Game until I began an adult.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 10:14:44 PM »
"Card Sharks"--When I first saw it, I dismissed it as G-T trying to do an H-Q-style gambling-themed show with poll questions instead of extremely easy general-knowledge tossups.  In coming back to it when I got GSN, I got to appreciate the symmetry between both of the game elements and reappreciate the ability in the poll questions to go from the serious to the silly and back again, not to mention Jim Perry's performance as a host and the fact that you could easily get caught up in Money Cards.  (In fact, one of the many problems with "Card Guppies" was that the symmetry between the tossups and the card-calling was gone completely--not good.  And the problem with the Eubanks version, other than the unnecessary tweaks, was that with him you couldn't go from "100 wives--does your husband snore?" to "100 Congressmen--are you in favor of abortion?"--you had to keep it feather-light.)